SAU Community

Group-buy, Wavetrac front diff

K_arlstrom

I've been in touch with Wavetrac about a front differential for RB engines.
All reviews I've seen on the internet have been positive about it, for those of you who don't know what makes it special, take some time and read on their page. Wavetrac® Differential - A torque biasing differential with a difference

TD,DR
It's a helical differential combined with friction discs, if you lift the inner wheel it will still send power to the other without all the issues of running a mechanical LSD in the front.

They need 25 pre-orders to make it happen, I'm one so that means we need 24 more.

Will get back with more details regarding price, warranty, durability and if they will be able to handle individual shipping.
Excuse me if this is in the wrong forum section.

Regards
Jonas

Can't edit the original post, oh well.

Shipping
If this succeeds, shipping to European customers will get handled by Wavetracs European distributor. If there is interest from people in other areas, I'm certain they will be able to solve that too.
(added bonus, I don't have to pay for all 25 units and be a middle man)

Delivery time
Expected 120 days / 3 months after enough people have shown interest to warrant a production run.

Durability & Warranty
They have customers running over 1000hp through their smallest diffs like the EVO, Civic, and GTR front with no problem, and those have the smallest internals. This one is the next size up. Lifetime Transferable Warranty.

Price
Expected to be the same as their other offerings, USD $1395

Regards
Jonas

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for not giving a status update here. The group-buy died from lack of interest, after 2 months I had a total of 3 people interested in buying. 

When I informed my contact at wavetrac about it, he replied "Not a problem. I’ve also put the word out a bit to see if I can get some interested as well. I’ll keep you updated." 

Wavetrac were going to handle shipping and payment trough their retail network, so being located in Hong Kong wouldn't have been much of an issue! 

Edited by K_arlstrom