• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sign in to follow this  
R33gtsdp

Raspy exhaust fix

So I bought my n/a 33 without a sway bar.. went to install one and the aftermarket resonator was in the way so decided my easiest way around that is to get a staight pipe welded on to fit the sway bar.. once that was done the exhaust became extremely raspy or rattley driving around 3k-5k so decided to get a new resonator installed a little closer to the motor only by about 10 inches but I figured the exhaust would go back to how it was with the new resonator but hasn’t is there anything I’m missing here because I’m really sick of the way it sounds  what else can I do 

E974DF5F-071F-4C3F-9D95-0C7DE9488EFA.jpeg

E9CAD020-40A6-41B3-A5B2-46DEA1DBB1B8.jpeg

You don't want a "resonator" in the middle of your exhaust.  You want a full size centre-offset oval muffler.  Well, you would if your exhaust followed the normal path.  You probably just want a centre-centre oval muffler.  But the point is, you need a muffler there.

I also suggest a muffler. Put it right at the end of the exhaust manifold. Garrett/Precision usually sell some pretty good mufflers.

• Like 1