SAU Community

The Stock R33 GTR

6 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Steve... mate. 

I thought it would happen differently. We'd built a story about how i found, how i shipped it, how it was to drive...
What actually happened, is i sent through some details, and boom! I get an email saying the "article" was up. 

I guess i should have been clearer on how i had hoped it would run... I was thinking we'd get someone to drive the LM and the new one back to back. But, well, i guess they've got to get this stuff out quick. ?

Also I believe my exact words were: 

"I'm not exactly sure that this is a tip, but would your team be interested in writing about my car at all? 

I'm in the process of acquiring an R33 GTR with zero modifications (this is rare, to impossible). It also has only 9500k kms (or 6k miles). I have had it checked through multiple workshops and it is indeed legitimate." 

Edited by Steve85

7 hours ago, Paul V said:

Hi there Steve, yes I remember this R33 GT-R on CarSales. The seller wanted $75K for it as I recall and the car was an Australian delivery. I seriously looked at it, but found another Series 3 GT-R in Adelaide which wasn't as good but half the price. I'm currently having some subtle mods done at CRD but leaving my GT-R low key. Well done on your purchase I'm sure your wife will enjoy her car for many years to come. I certainly enjoy mine. 

Cheers Paul

There's no such thing as an Aussie delivered 33 is there?!?!?

44 minutes ago, mr_rbman said:

There's no such thing as an Aussie delivered 33 is there?!?!?

Not that I am aware of. But it did come in very quickly, and under the old import rules, so i'm assuming that is what was meant here.

• 3 weeks later...

First 5 seconds in, tyres aren't even blacked, wtf. 

Grass growing in your concrete, get some round up you bum.

More details on team polizei car?

There's no way in hell you should be letting your wife regularly drive it, or anyone for that matter before anyone cries gender bias or some shit. It's a collectable. 

2:45 mark you can see how filthy the car is, why do a video without having the car detailed. What the hell man, even a basic wash, you could've even just done a 1 bucket wash. "They don't come cleaner than this"... 

Bad lighting during bonnet section, dusty also, wtf Steve. 

I thought rear spats were optional, but should be essential. 

9:40 mark, what is that blue/black thing under the dash? Alarm stuff? if so, probs don't want to advertise it. Can also see at 9:50. 

10:17, no GT-R emblem on the spoiler end plate? Other side has one though? Wot. 

6/10 review, you gotta up your game to boost its value. You need to get a car mag/facebook page etc to feature it and do it some justice oh and wash it first you savage.

My 33R had 33,000ks on it, S2 with S3 additions (headlights, lip, rear spats) and it wasn't as clean as this as a base (close, but a few more front end blemishes from being driven, marks on splitter etc) but was much cleaner in terms of being clean and shiny lol 

1928750_59053854837_5937_n.jpg

1928750_59053864837_6568_n.jpg

@ActionDan Savage review. 
All those things you mention are valid. Most of the dirt and dust is because I've been using my garage for something else, so these two got turfed out for a week or so. And yes, the grass does need mowing (even on the concrete lol). 

To answer your question, i did the video without any preparation, because I don't have the time, As you can tell from the video this is a one go, get it done effort while the kids were out and I had thirty seconds to myself. I often think back of the luxury of time alone when kids weren't around, lol.

I'm not 100% on the rear spats, I believe they came on V-Spec cars, but not "standard GTRs", which this is. 

The thing under the dash has been disconnected, but yes, it used to be part of the alarm, needless to say ten years later that alarm wouldn't stop anyone. It has a new system, including tracking and remote shutdown. So technically is modified now.

The spoiler end plates, believe it or not are stock, this is how all GTRs came out of the factory, the end caps you see on the LM and any other GTR are all aftermarket. 

And yes, you are right, I should wash it and it probably shouldn't be driven, but... that's no fun.

All said tongue in cheek, not savage. 

You're the savage for not washing that car before video (I have 2 kids, 5 and 2, i feel your pain).

I'm confused about spats now, but they should still be standard. My old car was a v-spec. 

I thought standard GT-R end plates had GT-R emblem in them? so you have 1 with and 1 without? 

You can't clock up bulk K's on that car. Well, technically you can do whatever the hell you want, but I would "encourage" you to maintain it in pristine condition. If wife needs a daily GT-R, put a GT-R badge on a S2 GTST, they're both slow anyway so she wont know the difference. 

• Like 1

You're the savage for not washing that car before video (I have 2 kids, 5 and 2, i feel your pain).

I'm confused about spats now, but they should still be standard. My old car was a v-spec. 

I thought standard GT-R end plates had GT-R emblem in them? so you have 1 with and 1 without? 

You can't clock up bulk K's on that car. Well, technically you can do whatever the hell you want, but I would "encourage" you to maintain it in pristine condition. If wife needs a daily GT-R, put a GT-R badge on a S2 GTST, they're both slow anyway so she wont know the difference. 

"Bulk kms". Just remember, ive managed to clock up only 1200kms on the LM in two full years. [emoji23] I think it should be ok.

Realistically if i can keep it to less then 3000kms over the next 5 years that would be good.

I just don't seem to find the time to get out and drive them. It's not like i don't want to, i just have a million other things that take priority. Booo. ?

1 hour ago, ActionDan said:

You need more smilies. I was wondering if you were serious too. :)

FWIW, both my series 1 GTR and series 3 GTR had the same one-sided GTR end plates. 

49 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

"Bulk kms". Just remember, ive managed to clock up only 1200kms on the LM in two full years. emoji23.png I think it should be ok.

Realistically if i can keep it to less then 3000kms over the next 5 years that would be good.

I just don't seem to find the time to get out and drive them. It's not like i don't want to, i just have a million other things that take priority. Booo. ?

Oh thats SFA, the way you phrased it made it seem like a daily. 

11 minutes ago, PranK said:

You need more smilies. I was wondering if you were serious too. :)

FWIW, both my series 1 GTR and series 3 GTR had the same one-sided GTR end plates. 

Will do my best to engage teenage girl mode when talking about cars on here with other men... 

??

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Oh thats SFA, the way you phrased it made it seem like a daily. 

35 minutes ago, PranK said:

My daily (and my wifes) are push bikes. So the cars really only get used for weekend stuff and normally that's family stuff... so you know, even moving them around in the driveway is a big deal. :D

1 hour ago, Steve85 said:

My daily (and my wifes) are push bikes. So the cars really only get used for weekend stuff and normally that's family stuff... so you know, even moving them around in the driveway is a big deal. :D

I misread that as you daily your wife... 

Was going to say Bravo!

1 hour ago, BakemonoRicer said:

My series 2 end plates also only have GT-R on one side, I think that is how they came from factory.

Mine must have been modified by Nismo then, it had 2. 

Edited by ActionDan
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...