SAU Community

The Stock R33 GTR

I've also gone over the car and come up with all the damage that exists on the car. To date, the following images show damaged body work. Unfortunately, it appears that most of the damage has come about from the previous storage of the car under a car cover. There's also an interesting hit on the front bar and of course, scuffs on the front lip. There's also a dead bug in one of the headlights. Uggh.

20190429_131823.jpg

20190429_131829.jpg

20190429_131850.jpg

20190429_131859.jpg

20190429_131958.jpg

20190429_132018.jpg

20190429_132010.jpg

20190429_131945.jpg

20190429_131736.jpg

Edited by Steve85

2 hours ago, ActionDan said:

God damn, would you detail this car please and shine up all the blacks and plastics etc. 

You're killing me.

Bahahaha, No. Just for that. I'm gonna not do it. 

But seriously, it is on my list, and it was pretty clean before the cruise, it's just that things get dirty, especially when you use them. :D

And compared the mess the house is in (thanks two small children) the car isn't nearly as bad. Also, I mowed my concrete (thought of you as I did it!). 

Paid a photographer to capture some images of the stock GTR and of my LM. I spent the entire day cleaning the pair of them. Lots of elbow grease involved. 
@ActionDan please see blacked out parts of the car. I hope this meets your standards? ?

IMG_7644.jpg

IMG_7739.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, ActionDan said:

We're making progress. Just need to gloss up that lower lip and your tyres. 

Big points for no plate in the rolling shot. 

Yeah, that's on me. I cleaned and blacked them up prior to leaving for the shoot, then promptly forgot to redo them just before we started... oops. Still, they came out just fine. 
And yeah the plates. I bloody hate them, they make the cars looked bucktoothed. :(

1 minute ago, ActionDan said:

Also please post close ups now you've cleaned it properly. 

Engine bays and interiors are the two places that I find low K's cars really shine. 

Unfortunately, we didn't grab many close ups. (we were short on time/daylight):

*Side note, found a bloody dint in the car. Much sadness (but it should be an easy fix).

IMG_7618.jpg

IMG_7619.jpg

IMG_7620.jpg

• Like 1

See how this guard doesn't quite look right? The curve is slightly interrupted. There's a parking ding or something similar in the guard. It's kind of just pressed in, paint isn't scratched, the actual shape is just interrupted. Like i say, i'm sure someone who knows what they're doing will be able to fix it no problem from the inside of the guard. 

Having spent the whole day cleaning it, I can also confirm about 10 spots in the paint that aren't perfect. Not bad, just little surface scratches or scuffs. Will need a good polish and should be ok. 

IMG_7619 - Copy.jpg

10 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Looks great, i would not have picked the guard in the pic without highlighting it. 

SHOW INTERIOR AND ENGINE BAY

Ummm, we didn't get any. :(

If I take some tonight will you forgive me? I'm sure I can get some half decent ones. 
Also I drove the silver one... Jesus it's slow. Absolutely nothing under 3k rpm. You gotta absolutely give it the business for it move. It's all top end. 
We did uncover that the LM in second off boost at 20kph is as quick as the Stock on boost in first and second to 110kph. After the LM climbs on boost and grabs third though... gooooone.

Edited by Steve85

hahah great testing and yes stock GT-Rs are pretty shit. I still feel like the chassis wants at least 400rwkw to be "lively". I know I wanted more in mine at 380, so maybe 450 is the right number? 

Just when you can, I am just trying to live vicariously through you. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ActionDan said:

Just when you can, I am just trying to live vicariously through you. 

I think we all do this with each other. There was a point in time when I was living through your posts of the Silver R34. :D

Glad I could provide some useful content. 

Maybe one day I'll buy a 35 and then we can watch me realise how far out of my mechanical depth I would be, would be a great build lol. 

With my dirt road in and out of my property though not likely :(

Edited by ActionDan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ActionDan said:

Nicely done. 

Still haven't taken any interior shots or engine bay shots for you... It's on my list (i'm a procrastinator).