SAU Community

The Stock R33 GTR

5 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

Don’t be so sure and do you really thing the build quality changed much between a 318i and an m3 (or replace those with 4s if you like)

Haters gonna be haters :)

Just like the Holden guys that hate fast Nissans, same deal

Holden Guys I make 1000000000000hp, but can't go very fast anywhere

Honestly not sure, but I can tell you it's substantially nicer in an M4 compared to an R35. And I can get a 2012 m4 for 55k...

So it's cheaper, nicer, and I've never had one. Sounds like a great car to own for a year or two.

Hell even. 440 would be good fun as a weekend car and it's cheaper again.

Even a 340i or 335i F30 M-Sport with the optioned LSD.

Maintenance would be relatively cheap if you're hands on and being a N55 or B58 motor they're pretty good - once again, with good maintenance.

Also you could take them onto the track thrash its mum, go to the shops and not get defected or have your eardrums snap off.

On 7/4/2019 at 5:39 PM, Steve85 said:

Hey all.

Some time ago, i said i would take some photos of the interior and engine bay... Obviously you should have learned by now that when I say i'll do something, i mean in a few months. 

In any case here are some interior shots of the stock GTR for your viewing pleasure. BTW, the car is slightly dusty, and has some leaves and dirt in it, the photos make it look very bad, but it's not as severe as it looks. I took a lot of images of the stickers on the car, as I suspect there wouldn't be too many left with these stickers intact.  I also grabbed images of the usually suspects for wear and tear in an attempt to convince those who aren't (there's a few out there - mostly facebook experts) that the car has been rolled back or had a changeover cluster and other parts. I'm convinced that isn't the case, unless someone has changed every single component on the car, in which case, it's an amazing rebuild (which it isn't) and would be worth the cash monies I paid anyways. 

Ok i'm losing track of my point... See the images below. :D

KR4 - Intake Stickers.jpg

KR4 - Rad Fan.jpg

KR4 - VIN Plate.jpg

KR4 - Engine Left.jpg

KR4 - Engine Right.jpg

KR4 - Rad Cap.jpg

KR4 - Engine Bay2.jpg

KR4 - B Piller.jpg

KR4 - Door Striker_Tyre PSI.jpg

KR4 - Interior Drivers Side.jpg

KR4 - Drivers Seat_Sill.jpg

KR4 - Interior Steering Wheel.jpg

KR4 - Interior Passenger Side.jpg

KR4 - Interior Drivers Side 2.jpg

KR4 - Rear Boot Strut.jpg

KR4 - Boot Lining.jpg

KR4 - Engine Bay.jpg

KR4 - ABS Lines.jpg

My God she's so clean!!!!

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 10:25 PM, junkie said:

Too many kms for me... lol
But seriously, if I'm adding another car, i think a 34 is the way I'll head.

• 1 month later...

Love how clean / original this example is. But as you have found out it's a big responsibility to look after such a tidy original car.

Some time ago in 2010 I was looking at buying an FD Rx7 and weighing up pros and cons of getting a regular FD vs a Spirit R. I really wanted the Spirit R but then felt I couldn't modify it without decreasing it's value.

I did find a super rare Sunburst yellow Type RS-R but it had been hit up front and I shied away from buying it. In hindsight if I bought and repaired correctly it would likely be the only FD in Australia of its kind. So may have been a good "investment".

I don't have a GTR but a Stagea 260rs. I commented on your YouTube video and you guided me to this post. My Stagea had pod filters on it. But they were shagged and caused my AFMs to get dirty and car nearly stalled on me 1 night. So I put the stock airbox back on, but it totally muted the down low response feel of the car. I left it that way for a few months before I found a good Apexi twin pod kit and put it back on. Love the flutter noises and down low is so much more responsive feeling.

I can only imagine how the car would feel with a stock exhaust back on it. When I was looking at Stageas I drove a stock RS FOUR S with Rb25neo and it felt very slow. My RB26 car with boost turned up and 3 inch exhaust + pods feels so much more fun and powerful.

It really is hard to not modify these cars. I've got a couple of 240z's also and 1 has Triple 44 Mikunis on it. But another I found as a stock barn find car with auto box. It's so rare to find a good 240z these days and even harder to find them all stock! That I'm tempted to leave the auto box and keep it as a time capsule car.

Thing is the stock cars will bring the big money in future, since they will be so rare, but since getting the Stagea I've had a hankering for a GTR and find myself looking at the big HP builds more so than stock ones.

I feel it's the never ending battle between keeping these cars stock or modifying. They are so much easier to live with stock for regular driving, but so much more fun modified, it's good to have 1 of each like you do. But I'd find myself driving the modified slightly rougher car more often and probably enjoying it more.

Oh and for the family guys in here with kids. I highly recommend the Stagea. I bought mine as the GTR for the family man. I had my wife, 2 friends In the back and dog in the boot area of mine the other day. Perfect haha. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gav240z said:

I commented on your YouTube video and you guided me to this post.

You found me! That's awesome. You might be the first person to actually follow a link i've sent to them! 
As you can see from some of the images in this thread, the car's worst point is its exterior. The interior and engine bay are crazy clean. 

And you're absolutely right, it's a very different experience owning this one vs the blue car. I'm not afraid to get stuck into the LM and drill holes or improve it as I feel it needs, whereas this car, kids gloves all the time. :)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...