SAU Community

Is the modding scene slowing?

On 11/28/2018 at 11:23 AM, mlr said:

I'm seeing more modified 4x4's, nearly every turbo diesel ute/wagon that the young guys at work have TBE exhaust, intercooler/intake and suspension upgrades. 

It's funny listen to them spool up just driving around.

I transitioned to this way back just to be left alone, so far so good the public still doesn't really seem to care about anybody building and 'hooning' fourbys, although it's sort of starting.  Anyway it's all the same thing, overengineer a vehicle to tackle the tracks half a dozen times a year and enjoy every increment of improvement.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, motoring said:

I transitioned to this way back just to be left alone, so far so good the public still doesn't really seem to care about anybody building and 'hooning' fourbys, although it's sort of starting.  Anyway it's all the same thing, overengineer a vehicle to tackle the tracks half a dozen times a year and enjoy every increment of improvement.

Next it will be Utes & 4x4’s being stances on air bag suspension.

13 hours ago, motoring said:

Gotta laugh at the fourbie pages though (I'm on a couple, I went to the dark side too). After a decade of keeping an eye on my rear view mirrors and friends being defected for not having water in washing bottles etc, 1 4x4 drive gets defected for wheels sticking out 11ty inches from the guards and they go nuts, creating petitions and trying to lobby the gumbiment for legislative changes.

4 hours ago, r33cruiser said:

Gotta laugh at the fourbie pages though (I'm on a couple, I went to the dark side too). After a decade of keeping an eye on my rear view mirrors and friends being defected for not having water in washing bottles etc, 1 4x4 drive gets defected for wheels sticking out 11ty inches from the guards and they go nuts, creating petitions and trying to lobby the gumbiment for legislative changes.

Image result for modified toyota highlander 4x4

Would ya, could ya, should ya? That's the real question here!

4 hours ago, Robocop2310 said:

Image result for modified toyota highlander 4x4

Would ya, could ya, should ya? That's the real question here!

Thar looks ok.

The real answer is everyone's tastes and requirements are different.

What looks good to one person looks shit to another.

Some people want a sporty car that handles well.

Some people want something they can put the family in and tow a trailer across the country.

Some people want to modify a small NA 4 cyl rwd manual coupe that is lucky to make 100 killerwasps atw even with an obnoxiously loud exhaust, but which sticks to corners like shit on a blanket.

Some people dont.

Some people want to modify thier Land Cruiser, Camry, ute, bus, motorcycle, body.....

Some people dont.

Some people go out of their way to try and impress people and be a cool kid.

Some people don't give a f**k about what people think (me).

Disclaimer: I do give a f**k about what the missus thinks, I might be dumb but I'm not stupid.

In ending, forum needs more build/technical, reading, some of these threads are making me dumber, some LOLS are had though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mlr said:

Thar looks ok.

The real answer is everyone's tastes and requirements are different.

What looks good to one person looks shit to another.

Some people want a sporty car that handles well.

Some people want something they can put the family in and tow a trailer across the country.

Some people want to modify a small NA 4 cyl rwd manual coupe that is lucky to make 100 killerwasps atw even with an obnoxiously loud exhaust, but which sticks to corners like shit on a blanket.

Some people dont.

Some people want to modify thier Land Cruiser, Camry, ute, bus, motorcycle, body.....

Some people dont.

Some people go out of their way to try and impress people and be a cool kid.

Some people don't give a f**k about what people think (me).

Disclaimer: I do give a f**k about what the missus thinks, I might be dumb but I'm not stupid.

In ending, forum needs more build/technical, reading, some of these threads are making me dumber, some LOLS are had though.

You’re a smart cookie for listening to the Mrs! Lol

1 hour ago, NZ-GTT said:

Agree everyones tastes and requirements are different. I much prefer to waste money on my car than on drugs or gambling etc

why is it always drugs or gambling the benchmark at which a car obsession is held at? lol

• 1 month later...

I work with these young dumb gunts that only care about fuel economy and homosexual cars.too many 18-25 year olds that refuse to get their licences because its  too hard.  Skylines and supras are, lit, fire, hot, and everytime I start my car I hear, dose it. I wish this world would blow up already.

Edited by Cyko34
Why is c unt banned? It means despicable man
  • Haha 1

These days I wouldn't do much past bolt-ons, and even then they'd be subtle. I've done the whole "replace everything on/in the car" trick but I have other priorities these days.

If ever I go wild on a car again it'll track-dedicated, I'm in my mid-40s now and running a heavily-modded street car is too much like hard work.

I’m still new here but like a lot of people have said it’s ones choice to do as they please.

I for one have been brought up loving cars and what they can do when you spend time and money on them. My son has changed also once he got the bug, he spends a lot less time on the game and more time under the car and he loves it when I pick him up from school in the skyline.

Yeah it is a money pit but it’s my money pit and I have something to show for it, yeah it breaks and I spend money to fix it but it’s fun and I learn more and more with this car and now my son is to.

Maybe NZ is a little different to AUS but we still have little johnnys ripping fat skids at the intersection every other night.

• Like 1