SAU Community

Banana 34 GTR .. and they say rebirthing doesnt happen anymore.

Angus Smart

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Reminds of that shop (not mentioning names) that used a GTS-4 and converted it into a R33 GT-R and tried to sell it for a ludicrous amount of money

I totally missed this message. I thought you were talking about the GTR in the first pic. Hence my confusion.

Yes, the good ol' GTS-4. Was a crowd favourite for about 10 minutes if I recall. The truth stung and they've waited patiently to offload it, but alas, people remember.

Prank, I believe they did offload it to a buyer in 2013, refer old SAU thread "Gracer defect". It would appear this is the same person selling. It's has an impressive list but I never will understand why they didn't use a GT-R base to start with, it's a shame really. It still doesn't actually look like a GT-R which is suprising given all GT-R panels were used.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Prank, I believe they did offload it to a buyer in 2013, refer old SAU thread "Gracer defect". It would appear this is the same person selling. It's has an impressive list but I never will understand why they didn't use a GT-R base to start with, it's a shame really. It still doesn't actually look like a GT-R which is suprising given all GT-R panels were used.

I did find the old for sale thread. Lots of discussion there too.

BakemonoRicer that 1n4 car is mine. I've owner it for 8 years. I just put it up on the GTR registry to try and find some history and some answers before i owned it. but instead i've found more questions that need answering....

ahhhh thats life... I still love the car....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Montie, sorry to hear mate, if only we could see a video slideshow of each car's history, it would make for an interesting watch. It seems whoever did the blue plate went to some lengths to hide the trail, however their slip-up was the 1N4 paintcode which doesnt exist for GTR's. 

I imagine the VIN used from the QM1 white S3 R33 GTR would have been a car that was written off, but if not....if that exact car was to land in Australia, I think thats where the issues would arise. So whether the blue plate occured in Japan or Australia will probably always be unclear. If the car hasn't ever been in an accident, theres always the possibility the car was stolen overseas prior to being shipped here. My only advice would be it could be worth investigating the firewall. It appears a layer of body filler has been used to help engrave the firewall, beneath that could be the original VIN (if they've grinded it off you'd be able to X-Ray the firewall to see the original number). Good luck with the search....

• 6 months later...
Aaahhhh goddamn it! I've been trying to convince my wife we need an R34. Was thinking of flying up to have a look. Guess not.

Thanks@djvoodoo [emoji106][emoji106]