SAU Community

what is daily driving like these days?

motoring

Been about a decade since i sold my beloved s15.  At the time i couldn't drive anywhere without the coppers harassing me, it was lightly modded but overall basically legal, they probably expected to find more but once I was pulled over a fine would be issued for one thing or another.  In the end I gave up.  Is it any better these days?  Possible to enjoy sitting in traffic in a comfortable, safe, quality japanese golden era vehicle without fear of being pulled over for a roadside inspection?  Also interested in whether these are still major targets for theft?  Will I relive the nightmare?

Man you guys get it rough in Aus, over here in NZ I drive a very low obviously modified r33 with wheels, adjustables, exhaust (with decat) intake, bov delete, front mount, tints etc and haven't been pulled over in the 18 months I've been driving it. Before that drove a lowered modified Prelude for 6 years and was pulled over once for a random stop...

Mine is the equivalent of engineered so is road legal, and every older car gets checked at 6 monthly roadworthy checks which is the only time I ever have a problem with authority if I have mods they don't like haha. But if I do, the inspection is pretty straightforward to get them legal.

You guys need some better legal representation! Defend your rights!

On 11/28/2018 at 2:14 PM, KiwiBoat said:

Man you guys get it rough in Aus, over here in NZ I drive a very low obviously modified r33 with wheels, adjustables, exhaust (with decat) intake, bov delete, front mount, tints etc and haven't been pulled over in the 18 months I've been driving it. Before that drove a lowered modified Prelude for 6 years and was pulled over once for a random stop...

Mine is the equivalent of engineered so is road legal, and every older car gets checked at 6 monthly roadworthy checks which is the only time I ever have a problem with authority if I have mods they don't like haha. But if I do, the inspection is pretty straightforward to get them legal.

You guys need some better legal representation! Defend your rights!

I have a modded R34 GTR in Sydney. Big wheels, exhaust, low etc etc.

Never been pulled over in 6 years.....

But then, i'm not a "P" Plater. Car is well looked after, new tyres, nothing hanging off, no obscene stickers, no crazy camber or poke, and a good driving record. Don't drive like a dick on the roads, you're sweet.

• Like 2