SAU Community

1996 R33 GT-R V-Spec - Built by Prostock Motorsports Japan

Exactly what Shyboy said. Will be staying in a hostel in Rio for 2 weeks so will be out in the mix as much as possible. You just can't beat Latina women, only need to go partying in Bondi to figure that out : D

As for the GTR, it made 267awkw at 14psi tapering off to 13psi, then with another 2 degrees timing knocked out of it it made 257awkw. The main reason for knocking out timing is to make it super safe until we get the KV8 in. Plus, it was running super rich like all Jap tuned cars.

kNgGAkT.jpg

47 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Did this thing used to have a big turbo kit on it before it was imported?

Wonder why they built it and did the head? Someone had some plans at some point? 

Nope, prior to the brand new engine it was running HKS low-mount twins. 

I envisage the owner did all of his driving on the street and thus set it up accordingly with the 'factory special' theme.

So the mods going forth will continue the theme and simply bring the car into the 21st century. It's worth more kitted out with all the Nismo gear anyway.

It's almost scary to think the S15 will have 330-340rwkw on low boost whilst 280kg lighter - I'm already wow'ed by the GT-R so I think I underestimated just how fast that will be.

I think you do underestimate how fast the Silvia will be, but we can shit our pants together when i get mine done because I think I underestimate it too. 

What's the purpose of the 2 cars? Silvia for track GT-R for street? Could save yourself a FAT stack of cash by not going too wild on the GT-R and having the Silvia as your "fast" car? 

On 12/18/2018 at 12:28 PM, ActionDan said:

What's the purpose of the 2 cars? Silvia for track GT-R for street? Could save yourself a FAT stack of cash by not going too wild on the GT-R and having the Silvia as your "fast" car? 

What a stupid question ...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The GT-R ended up on a tow truck this sunday.

Basically, had a massive BBQ at the beach with the brazillian girls till we got moved along by the police, so we kicked on to Waverley Park.

They jumped in the R so naturally I gave them the R experience.... until I blew the clutch. 

After some fun at Waverley one of the latina girls jumped back in for the ride home, I knew the clutch was 95% toast but I figured I'd be able to nurse it back to my place. Unfortunately ended up free-revving on Old South Head Rd pulling over just in time, I imagine it's probably the pressure plate as the initial "95% fail" happened instantly?

Thankfully had a case of warm corona (man beer) in the boot so we sat on the sidewalk sinking that for about 2 hours till the tow truck came. She loved the whole experience though even helping to push the car back into the garage. So that's the end of the R for now, will figure out the next step in due course.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/16/2019 at 10:26 AM, ActionDan said:

Unlucky.

A sudden let go could be as simple as the pivot ball is snapped, which is why Nismo sells a reinforced item. Pull the boot off and have a look inside you might just get lucky. 

Dan, it's a Nismo Twin Plate. I think the R33 is a pull-type clutch. Does it have a pivot ball or is there something else that could of failed?

I thought they still had a pivot ball? 

http://justjap.com/nismo-clutch-pivot-ball-nissan.html

Those nismo twin plates are good for power well beyond what you're making. 

Pull the boot back and shine a light inside. Have someone press the pedal. 

*EDIT* Think I'm wrong about the pivot ball sorry, as you said pull not push. 

May have busted release bearing or the fork instead. 

Edited by ActionDan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

After shredding the friction material on the Nismo Twin Plate and welding the clutch together, it was time for future-proofing this big white lead sled......

In goes a Custom DCS Billet Twin Plate rated to 1500bhp, and yes, it does rattle like a million samurai's which was a prerequisite....

zfVKIyF.jpg

Then we decided to roll on with a don mega fuel system....

Seeing as nothing off the shelf would cut it, in went a custom surge tank....

BXEYFy8.jpg

& once that baby was mounted, an Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and billet fuel filter was tucked in neatly to the engine bay

MmC8zjj.jpg

A custom crank trigger setup is also in progress, I will keep you lads posted.....

• Like 1