SAU Community

1996 R33 GT-R V-Spec - Built by Prostock Motorsports Japan

He's actually a geological engineer for a mining outfit, very smart and very friendly and helpful. He just happens to have been raised in a farming community where "pests" are shot. 

Maybe go for slightly less broad strokes with that brush of yours ;) 

2 hours ago, ActionDan said:

Oh man, the neighbour has enough guns for everyone. 

His face when I said I owned zero guns and had no interest in getting any was very obviously one of "but... what do you mean?!" whilst trying to be polite lol

It really is a sad state of affairs.

Not really that sad, they are just "tools" to get a job done. 

I have 2 chainsaws, not because I love chainsaws or I'm anti trees or want to cut everything down, but because I need 2 chainsaws to do my job of collecting firewood efficiently. You can argue that I should not be cutting up fallen dead trees because insects and critters could live in there etc etc, but the bottom line is, it's my property and I'm allowed to so it's my choice. 

He has sheep, foxes eat his lambs at an alarming rate, so he removes those foxes from his property. His property, his choice.

My comment about his reaction was just a laugh about two different cultures meeting, I wasn't raised on the land so my exposure to rural living is very different to his. Not right or wrong, just different. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ActionDan said:

Not really that sad, they are just "tools" to get a job done. 

I have 2 chainsaws, not because I love chainsaws or I'm anti trees or want to cut everything down, but because I need 2 chainsaws to do my job of collecting firewood efficiently. You can argue that I should not be cutting up fallen dead trees because insects and critters could live in there etc etc, but the bottom line is, it's my property and I'm allowed to so it's my choice. 

He has sheep, foxes eat his lambs at an alarming rate, so he removes those foxes from his property. His property, his choice.

My comment about his reaction was just a laugh about two different cultures meeting, I wasn't raised on the land so my exposure to rural living is very different to his. Not right or wrong, just different. 

Rural people who shoot foxes, dogs and other ferals to protect their land I have no issues with, they usually have a few different types of weapons for different occasions, I have no issues with that.

It's the yobbos with multiple weapons that cause the issues. It's like they are compensating for their massive insecurity.

They talk about hunting but never hunt, they talk about self defence, but they end up shooting members of their family, their kids shoot themselves, or, the weapons are stolen.

Yeah, I hate guns in the hands of the average Joe bogan racist idiot......I'll stop spraying now

images.jpeg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Well to be fair everyone was on the house bandwagon and look what happened to that...

I predicted the crash 3 years ago, wish I had the know-how to of 'shorted' the market lol

Predicting a heads or tails outcome isn't difficult, cause a stopped clock is right twice a day. People had been "predicting" a correction or bubble burst for about the last ten years...no one was able to say exactly when and those who did ended up very wrong. Too many variables to call that one...

When you say hitting the dyno, I'm assuming you're tuning it to clean up the richness and make it a lot nicer?

If tuning, very low 300, but it should be nice and responsive and fun as hell to drive. Will make a wicked fun daily. 

• Like 1

Dose....twin restrictions.....good way of describing them lol

Matt we are doing a full flex tune with an Emtron, & I've got oil & fuel pressure / temp sensors in place as motor protection.

Dan, I'm a little bit gutted that it's not already single tbh....I mean 330 should make a plenty fast street car....but I'm not sure if thats enough to be "scary".... well, for my latina passengers it will be but maybe not for me after being in Piggaz car.

It's pretty annoying that for nascar grade power its nascar grade money.

I told you, you can sell the twins and do a cheap GTX single easily enough using used parts.

330 on -7s will be zippy, but not scary. Especially after your ride in Paul's car. 

I had 380 and more torque than you will make and it felt like it needed another 100kw to be honest.

You have all the other bits to throw a cheap single on and make 400+ easily enough.

• Sad 1

You keep asking this question Benny. It’s going to be the same power as any other -7 car before it or after it, it just will be.

Is you exhaust decent or is it a Japanese Samuari nugget? 

330 kw at 24 psi. I’ll buy you a car of piss if it goes north of 340 kw at 24 psi. With no cam gears it’ll be late 4000’s/5000 rpm to reach target boost in 2nd.

How it drives sub 5000rpm now, it’s not going to change too much. A little bit not much.

Is what it is mate. ?‍♂️

Guess it depends on how much you are willing to spend and what feels normal. I get 360kw @ 22psi on e85 on -9s in my 2.6 and I love it. That feels excellent as "normal" is walking home from work on arthritic knees.

• Like 1