SAU Community

1996 R33 GT-R V-Spec - Built by Prostock Motorsports Japan

45 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Well f**k, I thought you were still working on it. 

Don't mind me, I'll just be over here with my stock bottom end wasting more money on dailies and doing nothing to my race car. 

By drove it last night he means he ran a load of washing through it... 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

As expected, the car flat out hauls...aside from the diff it’s piling on speed like the Mines R34. The whole cabin smells of E85...it’s great. Had a don mega sideways moment which put in perspective how much power this wild boar really has...was all crossed up and somehow managed to slingshot out of it. 

No doubt it’ll hold its own at the GT-R festival... I think ill wax it up real good & enter the show n shine. Not too keen on the motorsport  aspect as I already know it’ll blitz a lot of cars with me behind the wheel but don’t want to risk the panel gaps....that 1% chance is enough for me 

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. 

Given it makes less power than mine did, and mine asn't fast, I would also avoid the motorsport section if you plan on trying to win anything. Remeber the types of builds people are doing these days, show and shine is a good choice for you. 

The thing to remember with GT-R sideways action i to not lift the throttle, you need to keep the power on to allow ATTESA to do the best it can to sort the issue. When you snap close the throttle in a panic, the power stops being deliverd to the front wheels and the car grips up and follows the direction you have the wheels pointed. Seen plenty of GT-R's spear off the track directly into the sand because people wind on too much lock trying to correct oversteer but don't pin the throttle. 

The other big GT-R issue is understeer, they're a bit heavy over the fronts, you will need to fix that with suspension setup or throttle control to bring the rear around. 

We're ready for onboard and dyno vids now thanks.

How come the cabin smells like E85 then?
Mine does too. I have narrowed it to a couple of things that need tidying, but by far the biggest culprit is the amount of fuel i dump out of the exhaust. Ever seen an F111 dump and burn? That's me!!! ?

As expected, the car flat out hauls...aside from the diff it’s piling on speed like the Mines R34. The whole cabin smells of E85...it’s great. Had a don mega sideways moment which put in perspective how much power this wild boar really has...was all crossed up and somehow managed to slingshot out of it. 
No doubt it’ll hold its own at the GT-R festival... I think ill wax it up real good & enter the show n shine. Not too keen on the motorsport  aspect as I already know it’ll blitz a lot of cars with me behind the wheel but don’t want to risk the panel gaps....that 1% chance is enough for me 
Yep. First time i took mine out i didn't want to racr it around... I'd just spent a bunch of cash on it and didn't want to break it.
Fast forward to now and the carefactor for components is a lot lower for me.

Just don't crash it for the love of god!!! Get used to how it drives gently and find your way into driving it fast at your own pace. You have spent up big on it. Enjoy it at your own level. [emoji106]