SAU Community

1996 R33 GT-R V-Spec - Built by Prostock Motorsports Japan

Also, clean the Sharpie off the paint, for a car that was meant to be "mint" that's a great way to make it look half arsed. 

In the pic it really does look like the work experience kid was cutting the rectangle with a grinder. 

IMO, to keep it mint, fill that cutout back in, and use proper bulk head fittings that you out through a circular hole, that seal against the hole and don't allow dirt/mud/other crap to ingress into the vehicle.

Also why didn't they wire in the new cam sensor with a little less cable rather than just looping all that excess up on the hot side of the engine with what looks like a bread twist tie? 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, MBS206 said:

Also, clean the Sharpie off the paint, for a car that was meant to be "mint" that's a great way to make it look half arsed. 

In the pic it really does look like the work experience kid was cutting the rectangle with a grinder. 

IMO, to keep it mint, fill that cutout back in, and use proper bulk head fittings that you out through a circular hole, that seal against the hole and don't allow dirt/mud/other crap to ingress into the vehicle.

Also why didn't they wire in the new cam sensor with a little less cable rather than just looping all that excess up on the hot side of the engine with what looks like a bread twist tie? 

^ This

I like how the art agents are so quick to criticise. And to be frank, show me anyone else that has done what I’m doing on here with a proper Motorsport fuel system in a street car (aside from Paul). TRP build big dollar drag cars so I trust their work over anything anyone says on the internet.

Surface rust, the whole undercarriage is as close to whistle clean as a GTR can get. The chassis rails aren’t squashed, nearly all of the undercarriage is surface rust free.  I’ll post some close ups when it’s back on the hoist. 

And the fact is MBS, I have a GTR, you don’t. I’ll line you up for a pink slip any day pal.

1 minute ago, BakemonoRicer said:

I like how the art agents are so quick to criticise. And to be frank, show me anyone else that has done what I’m doing on here with a proper Motorsport fuel system in a street car (aside from Paul). TRP build big dollar drag cars so I trust their work over anything anyone says on the internet.

Surface rust, the whole undercarriage is as close to whistle clean as a GTR can get. The chassis rails aren’t squashed, nearly all of the undercarriage is surface rust free.  I’ll post some close ups when it’s back on the hoist. 

And the fact is MBS, I have a GTR, you don’t. I’ll line you up for a pink slip any day pal.

Lol, such a cocky little f**ker thinking his 250kw GTR is all that... 

Also, you have two photos up showing the undercarriage in different spots both with surface rust. Can't understand how you call that whistle clean. 

Clean is rust free, not rusty. 

Bulk head fittings are for putting lines through bulk heads not cutting gaping holes. 

• Like 2

Benny it's because you keep calling it mint. We want it to be as mint as you think it is. Just needs a little clean up here and there.

Neither of my "non mint" GTRs had that type of surface rust on the undercarriage.

If TRP are so amazing why the hell are the cutting holes in places that bulk head fittings should be used? 

Shit, even Dose Pipes R33 GTST runs them.

I like the direction, I like the car, but you gotta learn to not get so bent outta shape about people pointing out stuff that anyone with eye balls will notice of you want it to be the minty mint polar beer you want.

• Like 1

I'm OCD enough to know when something needs sorting. All my builds are DON MEGA!!!!

Not f**king SAU DIY.

Wait, maybe 'cause it's not a half-arsed DIY build that you SAU fanboys (who dont even own a GTR) always try stoke the fire....

Please show me your fuel system MBS206, I'd like to see it...

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

See who's car cuts a fuel line on rusty sheet metal and spews fuel out first?

Bahahahaha OMG, how do I like give more likes then is possible for this post! 

Also, I'm happy to even bring my GFs slow ass POS and run a Drag Race. First one to top out fourth and grab fifth gear driving wins the other person's car. 

2 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

I'm OCD enough to know when something needs sorting. All my builds are DON MEGA!!!!

Not f**king SAU DIY.

Wait, maybe 'cause it's not a half-arsed DIY build that you SAU fanboys (who dont even own a GTR) always try stoke the fire....

Please show me your fuel system MBS206, I'd like to see it...

Show me your fuel system with bulk head fittings (you know, the fittings for going through sheet metal so things are sealed properly) and not rectangles cut out of rusty steel... 

Oh wait, you can't. 

PS, I've never claimed any of my cars were mint. You have, we're telling you how they're not mint. 

Benny, you cannot honestly say, hand on heart, that cutting through the floor pan, not even putting a pinch weld around the cut edge, is DON mega clean OCD spec.

It's truely SAU DIY spec, I see they shit on drift cars owned by flat cap wearing energy drink consumers.

Shit, even in my budget no f**ks given fuel system in the S13 I put some pinch weld around the hole in the spare wheel well. 

Just finish off the little 5%ers here and there and it will be great. 

If TRP are telling you that's their best, get a better workshop.

12 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Benny, you cannot honestly say, hand on heart, that cutting through the floor pan, not even putting a pinch weld around the cut edge, is DON mega clean OCD spec.

It's truely SAU DIY spec, I see they shit on drift cars owned by flat cap wearing energy drink consumers.

Shit, even in my budget no f**ks given fuel system in the S13 I put some pinch weld around the hole in the spare wheel well. 

Just finish off the little 5%ers here and there and it will be great.  

If TRP are telling you that's their best, get a better workshop. 

I don't know and don't care if there isn't a bulkhead.

Reality is, it's a 600kw + rated fuel system.

Please show me anyone else on SAU who has done it?! And no, 1 litre surge tanks that have 300ML capacity with a fuel pump installed dont count!

I've cut an intercooler pipe hole out in my S15, it's the end of the world for that too!

Dan, and you'd still have your GT-R if you listened to the Don's and went Twin Scroll EFR, but you kept dinosaur twins and started hating life. And if you hadn't taken shortcuts I'm sure the new owner wouldn't of sold it after 2-3 months of ownership  ; )?

6 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Matt, you have a GTS-T, I understand you're simply butthurt that I'm at the top of the food chain that you could never get too pal.

This guys just trying to be a troll like he always has been his whole time on SAU. 

f**k, it's been over 9 years since I've even driven the GTST, absolutely zero f**ks given for you having a GTR, but in no way is it "top dog" Maybe as a skyline, and a 90s era performance car, but hell, theres even the R34 and R35 that trump you. :)

dans 100% right, you have a nice car, it will have some nice goods on it if you end up modifying it (though I thought this was staying as a nice streeter rather than crazy power and s15 was crazy power car?) but there are some items that are making this car non mint. 

surface rust is one, sharpie scribbled underneath is another, not using bulkhead fittings is a third, and that excess cable all looped up and just by the looks of it twist ties in place.

just a few small things and we'd all go, damn that is clean as f**k. 

• Like 1

Not knowing better is fine, but there's not reason to throw a hissy fit when people who do know try and share that knowledge.

Many of us have been working on cars much longer than you, we've wrecked heaps of shit and learned from that.

Yes plenty of people cut holes for intercooler pipes. That can be done very neatly and the hole can be lined for a nicer finish also and removes the risk of rubbing through.

Any time a fuel line meets metal you either go big hole, line the edge or you go bulkhead fittings.

Otherwise you will always have that risk of damage, plus a point for fire to move between two air spaces.

• Like 1