SAU Community

1996 R33 GT-R V-Spec - Built by Prostock Motorsports Japan

The idea is to fit them without hacking a big hole into the car.

Quality work by TRPs work experience kid.

Plus, who'd be crazy enough to line a nice sharp metal edge sitting to your fuel line?

That's a pathetic job and you paid them for it.

Edited by ActionDan
  • Like 1

Even if they are bulkhead fittings, they're not fitted right. 

See the top one here, if that's a bulk head, that flat ring should be firmly against the bulkhead mating surface. 

With this there'll be less tension and over time with vibrations it will move, and start to give. 

It should be a specified diameter circular hole, then they cleanly fit into them. 

Screenshot_2019-05-31-19-18-08-20.png

2 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

The sarcasm was clearly missed in my previous post. You'd see f**king light through it if it was a hole.

And you say you have an eye for detail.

Not if there's no light on the other side or those lines come out through the bottom of something that covers over the hole... 

*groan* I'm reached my pain threshold for the day, off to enjoy my evening with a few bevvies.

When I get back I'm happy to talk about taking some bets on what gets Benny first. 

• Catastrophic fire. 
  • Crash due to suspension pick up points rusting through or something similar. 
  • Engine failure due to stock rods. 
  • Crash due to shit driving.

Have fun gents.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Are there teflon bulkhead washers? 

**edit

Was asked to also post the following:

IMG-20180803-WA0001.thumb.jpg.13b2bc3efc90d9f3ddd3a0355f1ba0e4.jpg

Of course there is washers. The reason you don’t see them is because we didn’t use tiny fuel fittings like you did. The big boys use -8AN. I’ll be over 500kw in no time. P.s I couldn’t even fit a ham sandwich in that surge tank mate.

Of course there is washers. The reason you don’t see them is because we didn’t use tiny fuel fittings like you did. The big boys use -8AN. I’ll be over 500kw in no time. P.s I couldn’t even fit a ham sandwich in that surge tank mate.

What if he’s vegan and doesn’t want a ham sandwich
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Err, if you used washers, we'd see them. The washer gets bigger when the fitting gets bigger just like with a nut and bolt. Washer is always larger diameter than the nut/fitting. Visibly you have none. :)

Benny, you had some "none mint" items be pointed out in your "mint" car, the photos speak greater words than those you're typing. You have once again become the laughing stock of SAU. You claim one thing, and post photographic evidence stating the opposite. 

good work son, keep it up, I and the other boys haven't had as good of a laugh like this in a while :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Invisible washers??

I do like the ham sandwich as a volume measurement, pretty handy when planning a fuel system. Fuel lines need to be able to fit a kalamata olive through them to be any good, have you checked that yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BakemonoRicer said:

I’ll take detail photos once I get my GoPro Hero 7 black back. I’ll wind it up to 4K resolution. 

Not putting an olive to check my fuel system. The build is to F1 standards not DIY pal

LOL, F1 standards. You funny f**ker. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Invisible washers??

I do like the ham sandwich as a volume measurement, pretty handy when planning a fuel system. Fuel lines need to be able to fit a kalamata olive through them to be any good, have you checked that yet?

Mine flows 600 kalamata olives per millisecond. 

Still only making 250kalamata watts at the wheels so, so the other 350 olives per millisecond are just getting cooked being pumped to a heat source and back. Should I add a cooling rack in so that I can eat the cooked olives safely or just blow on them before consuming? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Not putting an olive to check my fuel system. The build is to F1 standards not DIY pal

Oh ok. Thanks for the update.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ActionDan said:

*groan* I'm reached my pain threshold for the day, off to enjoy my evening with a few bevvies.

When I get back I'm happy to talk about taking some bets on what gets Benny first. 

• Catastrophic fire. 
  • Crash due to suspension pick up points rusting through or something similar. 
  • Engine failure due to stock rods. 
  • Crash due to shit driving.

Have fun gents.

Haha I’ll float the car to Adelaide and line you up on the circuit mate. We can put $5000 on it to make it worthwhile. You’ll probably get crossed up trying to match my late braking & end up in a tyre barrier, so when I win you shall refer to me as “The Don” and comment my thread admitting the car is a museum piece 

The more you blokes yap, the quicker I’ll have a 9280 on the car. Ill be in excess of 300kmh before Matt, MLR & Dan even get to 100.

And once I’ve taken the pink slips I’ll request my username to be changed to ElPinkSlipCollector. 

4 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

The more you blokes yap, the quicker I’ll have a 9280 on the car. Ill be in excess of 300kmh before Matt, MLR & Dan even get to 100.

And once I’ve taken the pink slips I’ll request my username to be changed to ElPinkSlipCollector. 

Why are you collecting safety certificates? They're only worth like $30. Can you not afford them after your fuel system ate your ham sandwich for lunch?