SAU Community

1996 R33 GT-R V-Spec - Built by Prostock Motorsports Japan

20 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

What's your best time at Wakefield?

Look, I've done the maths & I'll be running sub 1.04's.

But my best is a 1.15 in a stock S15 on warmup lap, previous night was rain....

After my 4th warmup lap I flew past the grandstand like Orido on the Gunsai Touge.... was all set for a 1.12, got onto the straight flat throttle all crossed up ,  then hit a patch of ice, spun and bounced over the ripple strip. Threw the alignment out so I was fighting the steering wheel for the rest of the day.

9 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Or time slip down the 1/4

Get some runs on the board before running your mouth and always remember there will always be someone quicker.

He's too scared to run it down the quarter. He broke a twin plate trying to show off, how's he going to be able to launch it at the drags? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MBS206 said:

He's too scared to run it down the quarter. He broke a twin plate trying to show off, how's he going to be able to launch it at the drags? 

It wasn't enough clutch for how much torque the car is making.

24 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

It wasn't enough clutch for how much torque the car is making.

Benny.

Come on man. Im not going to jump on the band wagon here but I’m going to pull you up on this.

You killed it in Bondi. How do you bin a coppermix with 260 kw?

My coppermix lasted 10 years with almost twice the power and still was only 50% done. You killed it in 3 months.

Facts.

13 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

Benny.

Come on man. Im not going to jump on the band wagon here but I’m going to pull you up on this.

You killed it in Bondi. How do you bin a coppermix with 260 kw?

My coppermix lasted 10 years with almost twice the power and still was only 50% done. You killed it in 3 months.

Facts.

The friction material blew itself to pieces.

It was a reused unit & boost controller reads 729ps. 

So I don't know, either user error or it was already on its last legs.

16 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Have you been tested?

Bit of a weird question but not since I got back from Chile & Brasil, I was in completely in the mix over there with the latinas.

1 minute ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Bit of a weird question but not since I got back from Chile & Brasil, I was in completely in the mix over there with the latinas.

He's not talking about STDs...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BakemonoRicer said:

The friction material blew itself to pieces.

It was a reused unit & boost controller reads 729ps. 

So I don't know, either user error or it was already on its last legs

Friction material doesn't "Blow itself to pieces". You were slipping the f**k out of it, either attempting to launch it, or trying to do burnouts.

Boost controllers don't measure power either...

41 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Are you asking that because you were biting the pillow last night?

You are A fantastic type of special. Top thread will read again.

• Like 1

You guys have been having fun lol

Benny, I'm fairly convinced you're somewhere on the spectrum so I'm just going to keep that in mind moving forward and do my best to offer genuine advice where I can, what you do with it is up to you.

Please try and keep in mind when replying to some of these comments, pretty much everyone here has had either a faster or more powerful car, a cleaner car,  or has achieved more on track/drags etc than you have so far. The advice offered comes from ample real world experience and to date you have achieved nothing of merit so it would be in your best interest to try and take some of it on board. 

Best of luck with the build, I hope it goes well. Please be careful driving it, now and after power upgrades, it would be a shame to see the car written off or you hurt yourself. 

1 hour ago, ActionDan said:

You guys have been having fun lol

Benny, I'm fairly convinced you're somewhere on the spectrum so I'm just going to keep that in mind moving forward and do my best to offer genuine advice where I can, what you do with it is up to you.

Please try and keep in mind when replying to some of these comments, pretty much everyone here has had either a faster or more powerful car, a cleaner car,  or has achieved more on track/drags etc than you have so far. The advice offered comes from ample real world experience and to date you have achieved nothing of merit so it would be in your best interest to try and take some of it on board. 

Best of luck with the build, I hope it goes well. Please be careful driving it, now and after power upgrades, it would be a shame to see the car written off or you hurt yourself. 

Has had? The past doesn’t count Dan, neither does being a has-been! Where’s your GTR mate?

If having tigers blood puts me on the spectrum, absolutely, I’m a thaumaturge pal & the sooner I EFR this lead sled, the sooner Ill be shutting all you player haters up. This is an all out “DON” build how many times do I have to say it. Can’t wait to post my Dash 7s dyno graph, now that I’ve got the right fruit to make an easy 340-350awkw.

-7s wont last long at that power, if they actually make it without a dodgy dyno setup. That's well outside of the good efficiency islands for -7s and will over speed the compressor. You can look that info up yourself, a bit of simple math will show you the facts. 

Please keep in mind that if the comp wheels go, there's a genuine risk of ingesting ceramic dust/bits into the engine and lunching the bottom end. 

Should be OK for hits on the street, but best not to load the car up for long periods (say on a race track or hot lapping it at the drags). Some additional engine bay cooling can help too, the rear turbo is at the greatest risk. 

I assume that being an all out DON build, you will be removing the baby 2.6L with stock rods for something good anyway, but would be better if you can remove it in tact and get some good money for it for the proper engine. 

• Like 1

Well under what you will need for a DON mega build. Stock rods and more importantly the tiny stock rod bolts wont handle Wangan levels of power or revs.

Big twin scroll turbo = big torque which will hurt the rod itself (bend/snap).
Big revs, Wangan style, will stretch the little stock rod bolts and then all sorts of bad stuff happens. 

There is no magic number for when this will happen. Should be fine on -7s/-9s with your tide me over setup but people have run into issues even using dinosaur -5s so you will be well beyond that point even with basic medium size 8374 or something similar. 

For the turbo size/power you're going to need for a DON mega build, you really need a 3L at a minimum with good rods/rod bolts. 

Even in my little SR, I've gone Nitto I Beams and ARP CA625+ rod bolts and my power and rev goals are much lower than yours. That combination was under 2k landed, so nothing in the grand scheme of a mega build.  

Hmm - so the next step I really need a built bottom end. Although it seems a lot of people get away with a completely stock bottom end for 500kw...

2.6 or 2.8L? Which will feel scarier? I’d have to redo the whole motor I think as it has a HKS Step 2 head system but the piggaz ran into issues with Valve float using the same I believe....sigh

A DON mega build is going to be well over 500kw though, there's plenty of 500kw GT-Rs so to smash them hard you will really need  much more and a 2.6 with stock rods just wont take it. Even PJs little SR powered S13 is making 1000hp and it's only a 4 cylinder. 

You can re-use your head on a 3L+ block, doesn't take much work to fit it. Don't bother with 2.8L, if you're already spending the coin to do it properly, might as well get as much capacity as you can to feed a monster turbo. 

The RIPS guys in NZ make some nice 3L strokers (3.2 and 3.4L) and sell them as a complete bottom end or long block, although if you're going DON spec you'd be best giving them a call and having them make you something custom. SPOOL make some stroker kits, but they're off the shelf kits so might be a bit basic for this build. 

I'm sure TRP would be happy to spec up a decent bottom end , You can also work with Maatouks or CRD, both of which are known for big HP drag spec GT-Rs and I'm sure they'd be happy to be involved in a mega build, neither of which are running a motor with a 2 in the start of its litre size. 

This year might be a bit soon given you will need an engine build to dominate, but maybe 2020 would be the go to take the completed car out and show everyone what a DON build is really capable of? http://motivedvd.com/motive/drag_battle_and_gt-r_challenge/

Hummm, I really do prefer the sound of a 26/28 bottom end....

Piggaz car acceleration is like back to the future so I can see 2 options, an 8474 or the mack daddy 9280. I’m just not sure if the 9280 is a good idea simply because I’d probably start breaking things.....and even the thought of any more power than an 8374 Is a bit frightening