SAU Community

R32 gts4 rear suspension parts

Hello All

I am recently the proud owner of 89 r32 gts4 sedan and have had it in the mechanics getting a new clutch. He advised me the car is pretty sound except that I need left and right rear rose bushes on the end of the hicas steering rack? From the photos can anyone please advise where I can buy these from as I have searched the internet without success. Plus what is their correct name? Apologies if this thread has been done before I searched and couldn't find anything. I have talked to white line who advised they have a hicas lockout bar but it still needs to connect to these bushes.

1543557906147662.jpg

154355790748590-1.jpg

1543557908774187.jpg

1543557910083677.jpg

Don't buy the Whiteline HICAS lockout bar.  It, and all similar lockouts, do still require the original HICAS tie rods and tie rod end joints, which obviously need to be in good condition for it to work properly.  If yours are stuffed, it will be no bueno.

The smart way to deal with this (assuming you're happy to delete HICAS) is to buy a "HICAS delete kit".  There are various of these available.  GK-Tech are an example.  Some kits literally come as a kit, with everything you need (ie, a bar, new tie-rod end equivalents, new joints to replace the HICAS ball joints).  The GK-Tech kit is available in pieces.  You buy the bits you need (delete bar, toe arms).

The joints at the outer end of the HICAS tie rods are ball joints.  They are pressed into the steering arm on the knuckle and are a pain in the arse to get out.  Sometimes they just push out.  Other times lots of heat and even angle grinders are needed.

The ball joints need to come out and be replaced with a conventional bush (such as would be found on non-HICAS rear ends) for any of the delete kits to fit.

Otherwise, if you want to keep HICAS, you just need to buy the HICAS ball joints and go through he struggle of changing them over.

My earnest opinion is that HICAS sucks and getting rid of it is the first choice.  I did it so thoroughly that I replaced the rear subframe with a non-HICAS one.  That was before these delete kits became available though.  If I was doing it now, I'd probably just use a delete kit.

Read the extra text at the bottom of the GK-Tech product pages, because there are things down there that you need to know (about what bits work with what).  You will probably also have to e-mail them to ask about the replacement bushes, because I can't see them on the site.

Edited by GTSBoy