SAU Community

R33 engine cutting out at 4mins, 26secs

Hi everyone. Bit of an issue with my R33 gtst series 2 1996. Whilst sitting in my driveway my car stalls consistently at 4 mins and 26secs. Has very good idle and then the engine just cuts out with no gradual drop in idle. Some times idle gets a bit funny when I brake for lights and turning also. Bought the car about 3 months ago and since taken the boost controller and turbo timer off. Otherwise stock turbo, ECU, turbo smart BOV (full recirc)  etc. PLEASE HELP. Thanks :) 

18 hours ago, Robocop2310 said:

I have a feeling you need to get it re-tuned after removing the mods. Happened to a friend.

Also try remove the battery and leave it unplugged overnight then reconnect next morning to reset factory settings.

8 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Is the car running any form of aftermarket alarm or immobiliser? 

I removed the immobilser a couple weeks ago... I’ve been told you can only tune with an after market ECU? Nisstune, link etc.? 

Ive tried disconnecting the battery overnight also.

Very frustrating! Additionally to above, I tend to lose power at around 4-5000 rpms. Best explanation is that it feels like it’s chocking... 

49 minutes ago, sedy said:

This happened to me and after trying everything it turned out to be a cut exhaust temp sensor.

I’ll have a look tomorrow! Still have the cut off at 4.26. Fuel pressure regulator was faulty so im hoping fixing that fixes my lack of power at high rpm and high fuel consumption (200km to a tank). See how I go...