• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Just got my 1j swapped cressy over the weekend and I'm super happy about it, I reckon the factory "wooshh" sound from the turbo is kinda weird. I wanted to make I flutter and tried blocking off the bov but it still sounds the same, can I get any pointers? It's a bone stock non vvti aside from the dose pipe and pod.

please don't roast me hahahaha

5DC85021-82D4-4EAC-9353-32BDC35FA196.jpeg

Yikes.

Did you search? 

The flutter, from my poor knowledge, is actually not great as its the blades spinning backwards because the pressure hasn't been vented.

If you seriously blocked the stock BOV just to make it flutter then I refuse to answer anymore.

Blades never spin backwards, if they did you motor would probably stall as there's no where for the exhaust gasses to go

• Like 1

Blocking the signal lines is not the same as "blocking the BOV".  Think about it.

25 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Blocking the signal lines is not the same as "blocking the BOV".  Think about it.

did you miss the diy alfoil block on the bov port? :4_joy:

• Like 1

Did you block it with some old alfoil? That's not going to cut it man. Try glad wrap.

16 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Blades never spin backwards, if they did you motor would probably stall as there's no where for the exhaust gasses to go

That makes sense. 

You want flutters? buy my ATR45SAT with the cermaic ball bearing centre, has a 6+6 cast compressor wheel.. doses like a machine

get rid of the twin setup. 

had a t04z setup on my 2jz Mx73 cressida and used to pigeon like a mofo.   Then screamer came on and woke people up.

But those times have passed, due to a wheel axle snapping, back wheel flew off and was never to be found.  Fun times.