SAU Community

MotiveDVD/PRP RB-block comparison

Basically it says they’re all the same and the n1 is the same/worse in pretty much every way but they used a new n1 block not one of the original 90s ones and I’ve heard the material is different in the new ones 

https://www.dsportmag.com/the-tech/rb26dett-building-blocks-which-rb26dett-block-is-right-for-you/?fbclid=IwAR2CwPxSFF3k6AN_WKf_aDbIeEl7jP-QODtAjq-PFnogv4Dii0PbHxYjNlk

Here is another comparison focusing on wall thickness, but they did have an old N1 block.

Edited by TXSquirrel

7 minutes ago, RICE RACING said:

OS315

IMG_1794.thumb.JPG.ccde6ee657d43c58d7e19dd30ef8acae.JPG

Is that a Good option nOw though? Especially with billet blocks available it seems super odd to go down a spacer and sleeve path.

I’ve got friends with old stock n1 blocks pushing 1000+hp at wheels and backed it up at the track with ET and MPH without any issues 

plenty people making huge power with n1 blocks.....haven’t seen much about the new batch first hand though 

From what I remember about materials science, with all other things being equal, there is a hardness vs toughness trade off. The guy in the video seems to think that hardness is everything, whereas I would have thought the hardest blocks would be the most prone to cracking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...