SAU Community

New member from good old England, Thanks for letting me join

R34GTRSilver

Hi guys / girls.

I'm Jamie, from Birmingham in the UK.. and i have a brake company engineering and supply Brembo / AP Racing brake kits and 2 piece discs (LOVE MY JOB!)

Thanks for letting me join SAU

Big car fan and really love Skylines, Bmw M cars from the 90's - early 00's and the Supra mk4.

Always been mad on Skyline's in particular since i was a boy and first saw Brian's R34 in 2 fast. Original i know.

Anyway, a little insight to my car collection. I have 2 x Skyline R34's

- A Black 99' R34 GTT manual coupe iv completely rebuilt from the ground up which is running a stock unopened engine, top mount 6 boost manifold, GT3076r, Brembo GT all round, Screamer, Kaaz super Q, Meister R suspension and to top it all off, a genuine R34 GTR body conversion front to back done right - car owes me best part of £28000 including the car

- Just recently acquired a super clean KR4 silver R34 GT-four manual coupe with 78000 miles on the clock.

My other pride and joy is a 2000 E39 M5 in carbon black with caramel individual interior, Non sunroof, Sat nav, Hi Fi, Burglar proof double glazing, Shadow chrome wheels and Brembo GT 6 piston brakes (She is a keeper this car)

Back to the skylines though.

I have a new build i'm planning so if you don't want to be bored any longer, leave now haha.

The R34 GT-four was the car i always wanted to do my original build on as i wanted the 4wd so much but there so bloody rare to find and my budget couldn't quite stretch to an R34 GTR so i went with the GTT, So its sods law iv finally finished my build and then this GT-Four popped up. I couldn't resist at the price it is 

So anyway, it looks like il be doing it all again but it is fun.

Car will be having an R34 GTR genuine body all round again, including the factory rear quarters, fuel flap etc all done right. Carbon rear wing, carbon oem front splitter and Volk CE28n wheels

Brakes will be AP Racing 9665 Pro 5000 front 380mm and CP9540 Pro rear 380mm

Engine wise i'm going to choose a NEO again as i love the VCT and the fact the bottom end is basically a 26 with solid lifters.

It will have the following spec:

- Refreshed Neo engine keeping stock spec apart from cams, HG and ARP bolts etc.

- RB26 cam covers (have these already)

- Otaku garage front plenum and TB

- Tomei 260 type B cams

- 1.2 Tomei HG

- Head drain and Crank collar mod 

- 6 boost twin scroll top mount manifold

- EFR 7670 turbo

- Tomei Ti exhaust

- Kaaz super Q rear LSD 1.5w

- R35 GTR 570cc injectors

- Link G4+ storm ecu + wide band and air temp sensors so i can delete the mafs

- Extreme twin clutch 

- 100mm Intercooler preferably HKS Type R or Trust

- 52mm Ally rad

- Electric fan conversion

Handling

- Meister R coilovers

- Hicas lockout

- Nismo reinforced arms and poly bushes

- Cusco adjustable tension rods

- Nismo upper arms

- Front arms

- White line anti roll bars

- Pilot sport 4s tyres all round

I'll be doing a build thread when things are all present ready to start as some things will take some time

I'm also selling my GTT to fund majority of this build as it has a lot of money in her.

Anyway, I'm pleased to be apart of the forum.

15.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

34.jpg

After 1.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hattori hanzo said:

GTR Badge on a Non GTR makes me cry 

But keen for mates rates discount on a set of AP Racing rears for R32 GTR.... I am in Bristol  

Yeah it’s controversial but the car looked odd without them on and I hate the GTT badges

i always tell everyone it’s a GTT though with the GTR body ? I’m proud it’s running a NEO 

I love the Neo engine ??

yes sure send me a pm

we have about 4 different kits to choose from 355 x 28mm - 380 x 32mm

CP9540 Pro R rear kit

CP8530 rear kit

CP9040 rear kit

RadiCAL ll rear kit 

All the best 

On 12/3/2018 at 5:56 AM, PranK said:

Welcome! You're definitely a man after my own heart. I love BMW's and the E39 M5 has always been a favourite.

:welcome:

Thanks mate, Yeah brilliant car. Best M5 they made. Thanks for the welcome

On 12/2/2018 at 3:22 PM, R34GTRSilver said:

Big car fan and really love Skylines, Bmw M cars from the 90's - early 00's and the Supra mk4.

Awww yeah, we are going to get on just fine, that's literally my list. Except i'm a bigger fan of the E60 and an even bigger fan of the E61.  

Love your cars. Keep us up to date with your progress! :D

13 hours ago, Steve85 said:

Awww yeah, we are going to get on just fine, that's literally my list. Except i'm a bigger fan of the E60 and an even bigger fan of the E61.  

Love your cars. Keep us up to date with your progress! :D

Yeah sounds like we will mate.

Thanks and yes will update on the progress with the car, still tracking parts down atm

I do like the E60 and E61 M5 touring are always lovely to see but over here we have so many that are unreliable and breaking all the time, from rod bearing failure, bottom end knocking and vanos lines coming off causing lots of issues and the gearbox having issues also, So i wasn't brave enough to buy one. Always been a manual gearbox guy tbh and fell in love with the E39 M5 at an early age so i think its the right one for me.

Do you get the manual gearbox E6x M5 over there like america or not?

Best regards

• Like 1

9 hours ago, R34GTRSilver said:

Do you get the manual gearbox E6x M5 over there like america or not?

We did not. But for that V10 sound, I can forgive just about anything. :)

I had an E60. It was waaay worse than the GTR for maintenance. Spent a full 6 months at BMW at one point. :(
Sold it because it made me miserable to not have it and to have to spend money on it. Immediately regretted it.