SAU Community

Garrett GTW

joe89

Hi there ?

Anyone have experience with Garrett GTW turbo's? I'm going to buy GTW3684R with 0.70 T4 divided exhaust side. Hope it will spool like GT3582R with 0.84 T4 divided and make at least 50 horsepower more?

Have experience with the 62mm version fitted into a crappy ill-machined chinese .63 undivided housing.

RB25DET neo stock engine was approx 400kww on 98 around 27psi.

Forged bottom end and light porting became more det limited as comp crept up a tad and was approx 380kww on 98 then 470kww

on E78 approx 32 psi. Awesome turbo. With decent housing would be even better. If you want more chuck the KTS upgrad wheel on.

Have dyno sheets if wanted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, infomotive said:

Have experience with the 62mm version fitted into a crappy ill-machined chinese .63 undivided housing.

RB25DET neo stock engine was approx 400kww on 98 around 27psi.

Forged bottom end and light porting became more det limited as comp crept up a tad and was approx 380kww on 98 then 470kww

on E78 approx 32 psi. Awesome turbo. With decent housing would be even better. If you want more chuck the KTS upgrad wheel on.

Have dyno sheets if wanted.

Great information, what about spool ?

U can post some dyno's :) 

Edited by joe89

On 12/6/2018 at 11:08 PM, joe89 said:

Hi there ?

Anyone have experience with Garrett GTW turbo's? I'm going to buy GTW3684R with 0.70 T4 divided exhaust side. Hope it will spool like GT3582R with 0.84 T4 divided and make at least 50 horsepower more?

Will be interesting to see how that goes, it's a bigger turbo than a GT3582R running a T-series turbine so I'd not necessarily count on better response but post results when you get it going.  

On 12/7/2018 at 11:57 AM, infomotive said:

Here is 25 neo GTW (Red) vs 3 Litre GTR head w cams etc Holset HCR40rs (Blue ) (supposed 650 kw hub)

HRC40RS making 650kw @ hubs?  Crikey, I use hub dynos and that sounds ambitious to me - though I'd hope that the claim there was at least on higher boost than the 18psi in this comparsion?

The GTW3684R is a 62mm, but the GTW3884R has a 62mm option as well - do you know which was used in this comparison?  

On 12/13/2018 at 10:20 AM, Lithium said:

Will be interesting to see how that goes, it's a bigger turbo than a GT3582R running a T-series turbine so I'd not necessarily count on better response but post results when you get it going.  

HRC40RS making 650kw @ hubs?  Crikey, I use hub dynos and that sounds ambitious to me - though I'd hope that the claim there was at least on higher boost than the 18psi in this comparsion?

The GTW3684R is a 62mm, but the GTW3884R has a 62mm option as well - do you know which was used in this comparison?  

Don't think response will be far off in the proposed turbine housing. Will certainly make more power.

Just what the customer was told and told me.

Was a 3684R 62mm.