• Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


Sign in to follow this  
joe89

Garrett GTW

Recommended Posts

Hi there 😊

Anyone have experience with Garrett GTW turbo's? I'm going to buy GTW3684R with 0.70 T4 divided exhaust side. Hope it will spool like GT3582R with 0.84 T4 divided and make at least 50 horsepower more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have experience with the 62mm version fitted into a crappy ill-machined chinese .63 undivided housing.

RB25DET neo stock engine was approx 400kww on 98 around 27psi.

Forged bottom end and light porting became more det limited as comp crept up a tad and was approx 380kww on 98 then 470kww

on E78 approx 32 psi. Awesome turbo. With decent housing would be even better. If you want more chuck the KTS upgrad wheel on.

Have dyno sheets if wanted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, infomotive said:

Have experience with the 62mm version fitted into a crappy ill-machined chinese .63 undivided housing.

RB25DET neo stock engine was approx 400kww on 98 around 27psi.

Forged bottom end and light porting became more det limited as comp crept up a tad and was approx 380kww on 98 then 470kww

on E78 approx 32 psi. Awesome turbo. With decent housing would be even better. If you want more chuck the KTS upgrad wheel on.

Have dyno sheets if wanted.

Great information, what about spool ?

U can post some dyno's :) 

Edited by joe89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is 25 neo GTW (Red) vs 3 Litre GTR head w cams etc Holset HCR40rs (Blue ) (supposed 650 kw hub)

Ra Chart.PNG

Edited by infomotive
Colours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 11:08 PM, joe89 said:

Hi there 😊

Anyone have experience with Garrett GTW turbo's? I'm going to buy GTW3684R with 0.70 T4 divided exhaust side. Hope it will spool like GT3582R with 0.84 T4 divided and make at least 50 horsepower more?

Will be interesting to see how that goes, it's a bigger turbo than a GT3582R running a T-series turbine so I'd not necessarily count on better response but post results when you get it going.  

On 12/7/2018 at 11:57 AM, infomotive said:

Here is 25 neo GTW (Red) vs 3 Litre GTR head w cams etc Holset HCR40rs (Blue ) (supposed 650 kw hub)

 

HRC40RS making 650kw @ hubs?  Crikey, I use hub dynos and that sounds ambitious to me - though I'd hope that the claim there was at least on higher boost than the 18psi in this comparsion?

The GTW3684R is a 62mm, but the GTW3884R has a 62mm option as well - do you know which was used in this comparison?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 10:20 AM, Lithium said:

Will be interesting to see how that goes, it's a bigger turbo than a GT3582R running a T-series turbine so I'd not necessarily count on better response but post results when you get it going.  

HRC40RS making 650kw @ hubs?  Crikey, I use hub dynos and that sounds ambitious to me - though I'd hope that the claim there was at least on higher boost than the 18psi in this comparsion?

The GTW3684R is a 62mm, but the GTW3884R has a 62mm option as well - do you know which was used in this comparison?  

Don't think response will be far off in the proposed turbine housing. Will certainly make more power.

 

Just what the customer was told and told me.

 

Was a 3684R 62mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this