SAU Community

AFM Help... Feels sluggish, no power

Hi,

So my R33 has been running like crap and in stuck in a weird limp mode sort of thing for last few months. I made a post a while back but cant find it... It revs all the way till 7k but its like its being held back. Theres not much power and revs climb slower than they should.

Anyway it was suggested I try a new afm as mine looked broken and was all taped up. Was told I need a green one as mine's a spec 1. Managed to find one and went to fit it today but the plug/connector is a different and I noticed under the tape on mine, its a pink label. Confused as I thought pinks were for spec 2 R33s?? 

Also I had a new bigger battery fitted to replace the dodgy tiny stock one and thats brought alot of power and torque back but still not good as it should be. Still abit rough starting up sometimes and power keeps dropping sometimes like limp mode again. Also not sure if related but since I got the car, the hicas light has been coming on instantly but since the new battery its taking ages before it comes on.

Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks 

Edited by ossy