SAU Community

Powersteering Rack Question R32 HCR32

Trying to get some info on the attached picture, Noticed my line from the steering that feeds the rack is bent ( short line), looking to replace it with an fittings if possible i believe the one side with banjo is m14x1.50 not 100% sure what the rack would be. I noticed the part is discontinued any help would be appreciated.

48363494_2246021965717233_4986454603999477760_n.jpg

On 12/11/2018 at 1:22 PM, K_arlstrom said:

Both sides of the banjo pipe are M12x1.0 on the BNR32 rack

Thanks bud, I was able to measure them finally got my kit to measure, came up with the same measurements, Thank you for your help and a piece of mind coming up with the same thread pitch and such. Gonna make a custom line, ill post a pic when its done

On 12/12/2018 at 8:52 AM, SeanR32GtSt said:

Kinda thread jack here for a second but does anyone else get overflow from their PS reservoir 

Yes common on the track - need a better cooler in the system - stock is pretty rudimentary.

1 minute ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Yes common on the track - need a better cooler in the system - stock is pretty rudimentary.

Idk about previous owner but in my year of owning my r32 it’s never been on the track. But I have seen some spillage from either the reservoir cap or one of the hoses. 

Obviously the cap has a seal, and if the seal isn't sealing......

Equally, the big hose on the res is on the hot side of the engine bay, so can get brittle with age and crack.  Let's the red stuff out there too.

FWIW, my R32 has never spilled any from the res.  I replaced all the hoses about 5 years ago when I did an engine transplant though, so it's not like it should leak!

• 9 months later...

Hey guys just wondering if you know what thread size and pitch this is i circled in yellow. I want to put a an fitting off it. Its the power steering feed line from reservoir. Thanks 

20191012_082142.jpg

Edited by notoriousnismo

You can get the fittings off "Chase Bays" who are an American company.  Pretty sure it's this one - https://www.chasebays.com/collections/an-fittings/products/14mm-power-steering-adapter-low-o-ring-fitting.  The fitting is cheap, the postage is stupid....

They've actually got some really cool stuff on there.

I just cut the end off my old one and welded on a 'weld on' AN fitting to it.  You might be able to get a pipe cheap from a wreckers?

Another option - https://www.streetweapons.net/products/s-chassis-power-steering-rack-an-conversion-fittings