SAU Community

Finally.... the car of my dreams

hcr32ROB

hi,

newbie from Ireland here. iv recently imported a 1993 r32 gtst (rb20det) from Japan via auction. the last few years iv spectated at the Irish drift championship events and seeing 32's galore really got me excited about getting my own. thankfully its not a daily driver for me and will be making some upgrades/ restoration work along the way. recently, iv found Amayama very useful and cost effective buying OEM parts such as trim ect. mine has seen quite a few kms - 250 thousand and showing signs of interior wear and tear. im replacing parts as I go and look forward to making it a good example.

its relatively standard with the only mods being-

apexi exhaust

badly installed radio

blitz boost gauge and vacuum lines

and what I think, is a GTR front bumper

piaa spotlights on front bumper

1542141252f.jpg

1542141252r.jpg

1542141252w.jpg

1542141252t.jpg

• Like 1

Few small reasons-

1 cost- insurance companies would laugh at me

2- I know a guy with an absolutely mint r32 gtr with a huge number of nismo  and  arc parts (will dig out photos) rotting away in a shed because he won’t drive it. Fear of someone damaging, fear of affecting his ‘investment’. I made up my mind that I wanted to enjoy my car and not be too worried about it. Gtst is a nice alternative and a good balance for me and still to me a legendary car.

3- rwd is extremely fun

EC1A4AC5-5C08-4761-BE73-7DE77ED08667.jpeg

Edited by hcr32ROB
Adding of photo
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Robocop2310 said:

Looks very clean and well maintained mate.

But seeing it's your dream car, may I ask why didn't you go for the GTR?

Shit man, there are other cars than the GTR. Not everyone is a level 11 fan boi.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Shit man, there are other cars than the GTR. Not everyone is a level 11 fan boi.

No no, I respect all cars.

But the OP said dream car, so no disrespect, but why wouldn’t you dream all the way up to the GTR? 

Anyay, all cars and there are reasons for and against getting any variant but again, if we’re talking dream-level then the sky’s the limit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hcr32ROB said:

Few small reasons-

1 cost- insurance companies would laugh at me

2- I know a guy with an absolutely mint r32 gtr with a huge number of nismo  and  arc parts (will dig out photos) rotting away in a shed because he won’t drive it. Fear of someone damaging, fear of affecting his ‘investment’. I made up my mind that I wanted to enjoy my car and not be too worried about it. Gtst is a nice alternative and a good balance for me and still to me a legendary car.

3- rwd is extremely fun

EC1A4AC5-5C08-4761-BE73-7DE77ED08667.jpeg

Fair enough and all valid reasons. ?

Looks well kept & tidy. 

Have to agree with Robocop, dream all the way up to the top of the food chain!!! R33 GT-R is what you want, and just cause your mate doesnt drive his GTR doesn't mean you have to do the same! Nothing worse than NOT driving a car, things wear out!!!

Anyway, enjoy the car I'm sure it will be great fun but hopefully we see a GTR next to it soon. 

• Like 1

This car looks amazing. Glad to hear you will be driving it around heaps. These cars are super rewarding to drive no matter what version you get. 

Would be keen to follow you as you make a few changes (you know you will... lol).  :D

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steve85 said:

This car looks amazing. Glad to hear you will be driving it around heaps. These cars are super rewarding to drive no matter what version you get. 

Would be keen to follow you as you make a few changes (you know you will... lol).  :D

I plan to keep a bit of a thread of updates and changes I make along the way with plenty of photos hopefully. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Robocop2310 said:

So you dislike AWD? And What is that?

Will you two dickheads, Rubber cock and Bukkake racer, lay off your fan boy shit, the guy has just purchased a car he likes and the first thing you do is knock it because its not a GTR.

Grow up.

If you choose to reply to me do it by PM, don't fill the thread with your self righteous vomit.

OP, if you wish to have your thread cleaned of non relevant posts, like this, contact a admin, they can clean it up for you.

There are a few tools on this forum, you now have met them both.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mlr said:

Will you two dickheads, Rubber cock and Bukkake racer, lay off your fan boy shit, the guy has just purchased a car he likes and the first thing you do is knock it because its not a GTR.

Grow up.

If you choose to reply to me do it by PM, don't fill the thread with your self righteous vomit.

OP, if you wish to have your thread cleaned of non relevant posts, like this, contact a admin, they can clean it up for you.

There are a few tools on this forum, you now have met them both.

I wasn’t going to respond but you’ve twisted my words so I will.

As mentioned above, the op said this GTST is his “dream car” which begged the question why not go GTR if the sky’s the limit to which he has explained and I think his reasons made perfect sense. I also prefaced my comments saying that all cars are great so it wasn’t disrespectful in any shape or form.

What you have done is twisted others comment and added petrol to something necessarily and felt the need to attack others on a personal level which is both inappropriate and childish.

Go fly a kite or kick rocks if you’re so bored.

1 minute ago, Robocop2310 said:

I wasn’t going to respond but you’ve twisted my words so I will.

As mentioned above, the op said this GTST is his “dream car” which begged the question why not go GTR if the sky’s the limit to which he has explained and I think his reasons made perfect sense. I also prefaced my comments saying that all cars are great so it wasn’t disrespectful in any shape or form.

What you have done is twisted others comment and added petrol to something necessarily and felt the need to attack others on a personal level which is both inappropriate and childish.

Go fly a kite or kick rocks if you’re so bored.

Here's a bit of advice for free. Stop talking about gtrs at every opportunity and you will find things will settle down.

I'm assuming in real lidlfe you aren't banging on about gtrs the whole time. Don't do it here.

3 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Here's a bit of advice for free. Stop talking about gtrs at every opportunity and you will find things will settle down.

I'm assuming in real lidlfe you aren't banging on about gtrs the whole time. Don't do it here.

Nothing wrong with talking about GTRs or any other car for that matter.

You seem to have an inferiority complex of some sorts as I never said or believe that only GTRs are great. As I’ve said, all cars are great in their own ways.

I think the OP gets it whereas you seem to not.

• Like 1

Just now, Robocop2310 said:

Nothing wrong with talking about GTRs or any other car for that matter.

You seem to have an inferiority complex of some sorts as I never said or believe that only GTRs are great. As I’ve said, all cars are great in their own ways.

I think the OP gets it whereas you seem to not.

Man you are a genuine tool. Good on ya.

If the gtrs complete you I think you will find it is you with the inferiority complex.

anyway, you have a lot to learn about everything so I'll leave you be to figure out some important life lessons. Rethink choices, contemplate naval etc.

No need to reply. Just as per every other completely nonsensical arguing you have put forward it gets you, and everyone else, no where.

peace out. Go drive a gtr slowly around the place enjoying all that awd has to offer.

• Like 1