SAU Community

R32 GTR Fuel line length

Stixbnr32

After 4 years at about 350kw I went in to my tuner after I installed my new intercooler to get a checkup.

All 6 cylinders had awesome compression and the dyno still showed 354kw atw (lower conversion method used as well).

Looking at the shops workers car with the same head setup and turbos using E30 he was getting 437KW...a big jump in response.

It convinced me this E thing is worth the investment - now to order some Speedflow 200 series lines.  How long are the stock lines in an R32 I cant find anything about that.  I know the car is 4500mm.

So I was going to get 13m should be enough for 2 feed lines and 1 return.  Surely someone has noted it before :)

Thanks.

You don't need twin feeds.

Distance isn't even 4.5m as the tank isn't at the back of the car and the rail isn't at the front.
best way to do it is to modify and use the Hicas lines as they're right there, or you can do what i did and be dodgy and run the -6 lines in the old brackets for that, they fit right in and tuck up really well actually.
I think i used 9m of hose and i also got a water feed for the turbo and a power steering line out of it.

Depends what you want to do. 

I have a 8an feed and return. I don't think twin feed is necessary. I bought 2 4.5m lengths as that's what aeroflow had. I had some left over, as sneaky Pete said you end up using it for other things.

Better to have more than not enough. It's never gonna be exact.

Proper way to do it would be to run hard lines TBH, less risk with debris strikes from under the car.
Though as said I was lazy and it turned out pretty damn good so i wasn't too worried.

P1150624.thumb.JPG.ad65f26004f4e3c63ef88d2eb477f1a8.JPG

4 hours ago, WantGTR said:

Depends what you want to do. 

I have a 8an feed and return. I don't think twin feed is necessary.

Given the guy with the same turbos is only making 437kw i'd say -8's not needed in this case.
people have made 400kw on stock lines with E85 and -6 is something like 50% bigger compared to that

11 minutes ago, sneakey pete said:

Proper way to do it would be to run hard lines TBH, less risk with debris strikes from under the car.
Though as said I was lazy and it turned out pretty damn good so i wasn't too worried.

P1150624.thumb.JPG.ad65f26004f4e3c63ef88d2eb477f1a8.JPG

Given the guy with the same turbos is only making 437kw i'd say -8's not needed in this case.
people have made 400kw on stock lines with E85 and -6 is something like 50% bigger compared to that

Agree. Hardline would be better. Would be a pain in the ass to do on the floor in the garage neatly.

I ran mine the same as yours basically. 6an ID isn't much bigger than the stock lines. 8an ID is about 10.5mm inside. 

If you're doing it, better to go bigger. The difference in cost of hose and fittings is negligible. Get ready to spend a few thousand.

You will need a rail, fpr, different fuel filter/s, possibly surge tank with multiple pumps.

Will give you plenty of head room. Sort of wish I went 10an but 8an will be good for 1000hp or so I think.

At least you wont have to touch the fuel setup again because if you upgrade it's pretty much bin everything.

• Like 1

Yeh plan is to get a Frenchys performance Garage In Tank surge tank with 2 E85 pumps.  This means I do not get any compliance issues having a surge tank and no smells.

ID 1350x injectors

Link G4+ with ethonal content sensor (already purchased) so good bye HKS F-Con you have done me well.

Fuel lines 2 feed 1 return so I am future proofed and dont have to worry about fuel lines been old or ever again haha.

Edited by Stixbnr32