SAU Community

Australian Group A R32 GTR's

jmknights93

Hi guys,

I'm building up quite a large display of not only 1/10 AutoArt & Kyosho models but 1/43 Ebbro & Kyosho scale model GTR's. I was interested in getting some small custom plaques made for my display which included small details about each car including their VIN tag or build number. (For the Australian Group A cars only)

I've checked out the GTR-Registry and I cannot find an answer so I'm asking if anyone from the forum may know the VIN or or build number to each of the Australian Group A race cars? Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Godzillas-at-Eastern-Creek.jpg.7863c6fed1595b5e2b3e30633dcbb2f0.jpg

Ha! looks like Alan is pushing hard in that pic ?

Sounds like a good project. There is actually a fair bit of information on these forums and a couple of the Grp A owners have been active on here at times. One thread is here (particularly page ? but there are others : 

Please check further but there were something like 5 cars built for the factory and other teams like GIO.  At least one of the cars spent some time in Malaysia in a different spec before coming home. Also I believe one of them was written off after the adelaide roll over but I guess you are looking for vins, not the cars' locations.

The chassis used were just off the production line, nothing special as they started, so they will just have standard japanese vins. They were not all pulled at the same time so they won't be consecutive.

43 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Also I believe one of them was written off after the adelaide roll over but I guess you are looking for vins, not the cars' locations.

Yeah I recall watching the video. Looks like a pretty wild ride from the outside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57lR9reo-v8

44 minutes ago, Duncan said:

The chassis used were just off the production line, nothing special as they started, so they will just have standard japanese vins. They were not all pulled at the same time so they won't be consecutive.

Ok that's interesting information to know. I'll do some more digging in the thread you linked and other areas around the internet for more information.

Thanks ?