SAU Community

600hp diff for S15

M Rizk

You are just talking about changing the centre right?  And you are aware that the crownwheel and pinion get moved from your old diff to the new centre, right?  And the bearings are the same, and the stub axles are the same?  And the only real difference is that if you have a viscous diff (that of course won't work at 600HP) the only real difference is the quality/type of LSD centre that you put in there?

Ergo, choose from Cusco, Kaaz, Nismo, or even various others.  They all have multiple different sorts available.  1-way for easy street driving.  1.5 way for mostly street and tough hills runs or a bit of track.  2-way for a track bruiser.  And beyond that, some are adjustable in varying ways, some use higher tech internals.

You'll need to read up on the many options then decide.

600hp isn't an issue with an R200. The issue is the axles, and the solution to that would be to run R33 diff and axles. You should be able to pick up a R33 GTST diff and axles reasonably cheap (gumtree in my location $500). You may want to upgrade the centre to a mechanical type locker over the VLSD however. 

23 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

You are just talking about changing the centre right?  And you are aware that the crownwheel and pinion get moved from your old diff to the new centre, right?  And the bearings are the same, and the stub axles are the same?  And the only real difference is that if you have a viscous diff (that of course won't work at 600HP) the only real difference is the quality/type of LSD centre that you put in there?

Ergo, choose from Cusco, Kaaz, Nismo, or even various others.  They all have multiple different sorts available.  1-way for easy street driving.  1.5 way for mostly street and tough hills runs or a bit of track.  2-way for a track bruiser.  And beyond that, some are adjustable in varying ways, some use higher tech internals.

You'll need to read up on the many options then decide.

This is my first real build, and I know a lot of people have put a RB25 in their s15s and when I was researching parts I couldn't really find anything on the diff they've used, like if they just changed the internals or the entire thing