SAU Community

Clutch issue

Hi All,

Had a weird problem the other day, drove the car to a mates all fine no issues. Parked up for an hour or so and went to select reverse and nothing! Wouldn’t even go in, tried all gears and couldn’t get anything. Turned the car off and could select everything no issues??

Have replaced gearbox oil with correct oil so that’s ok, clutch fluid looks ok not old but still probably should do that first. Could it be a slave issue? Air in lines? Pedal feels a bit doughy but comes good once the car is warm. When I drive down the road it’s all ok, just when parked and try to select for the first time after startup

On 12/24/2018 at 5:13 PM, Tedr33 said:

Hi All,

Had a weird problem the other day, drove the car to a mates all fine no issues. Parked up for an hour or so and went to select reverse and nothing! Wouldn’t even go in, tried all gears and couldn’t get anything. Turned the car off and could select everything no issues??

Have replaced gearbox oil with correct oil so that’s ok, clutch fluid looks ok not old but still probably should do that first. Could it be a slave issue? Air in lines? Pedal feels a bit doughy but comes good once the car is warm. When I drive down the road it’s all ok, just when parked and try to select for the first time after startup

Hi Ted, I had a similar issue with my 33. Is your still running the factory clutch dampener lines? If so, delete it immediately. Buy the GKTech hose that goes directly from the master to the slave. Not only do you save about 1kg of weight removing the clutch dampener lines, but clutch feel is improved immensely and a lot less likely to leak and have air bubbles in the system.