SAU Community

ATF Temp Sensor for R33 GTST

bazr33

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone is able to assist me or point me in the right direction, as to where the ATF Temp Sensor is on a R33 GTST?

There is a possibility that mine is rooted, and trying to locate one to purchase, and also will require to know where it is located on the box. 

Information seems a bit difficult to find. Or i am using the incorrect words to search. 

So from some information that i have located, leads me to believe that the temp sensor is located on the valvebody.

So immediately i thought f**k yeah, if mine is f**ked as that will be fun to change. 

The reason for my query, is that my gearbox is registering a fault somewhere, where it goes into 'limp mode' and wont shift into D4, when driving with overdrive switch ON.

The simple turn the car off and back on though resets it and i am fine after that.  But as you can imagine, its quite dangerous, especially if you are on the highway and nowhere to pull overly safely.  Fun times.

So with my current issue the troubleshooting manual i have found indicates the probable causes in order as follows below:

1.       Throttle Sensor

2.       Inhibitor switch

3.       Revolution sensor and speed senor

4.       Shift Solenoid A

5.       Overrun clutch solenoid

6.       Control valve assembly

7.       Fluid temperature Sensor

8.       Line pressure

I am glad the the most probable things are the easiest to change, and hopefully it will be sorted before i get to number 4.

yeah reading up on it earlier i had located some info that mentions this.

Transmission Fluid Temperature (TFT) sensor and solenoid valve are together as one unit, and are installed to the solenoid body.

Hopefully its not this, but something that i will be able to complete myself.  i have only had the pan off the transmission off like 3 times already within the last month.  Whats another time.  

So bit more of an update.  I had a spare THrottle position Sensor, and a previous shit attempt at re-wiring a new plug onto it ( previous plug was f**ked)  Noticed that i had only twisted the wires together, and wasnt the best connection.

So i had re-wired the throttle switch plug wires - ( the one that has A/T control) soldered and heat shrinked. 

TPS set at .48v  - may require to adjust idle slightly as its now idling at 1000rpm, but car seems to be running okay so far.

Will give it time though as the issue with it not going into 4th was intermittment.  

Thanks  for the responses.  But yeah if all fails.  will be looking for manual conversion kit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the tps and soldering wires as opposed to twisting them has done the trick..

All those posts that I had seen where people having auto issues, not locking, or not going into d4 with overdrive on..

Check out your tps first..

And read the gearbox link I had included.. will rule out a hefty bill replacing shit where it may not be the cause at all..