SAU Community

Twins or single

Hey guys I currently own a r32 gtr v spec 

I’m planning to make a bit of power nothing over the top like 1000HP 

im happy with 300-350kw 

but im stuck I’m not sure if I should go single or do twins. 

And not sure how the price willl be if I go with single or twins prob twins will cost me a bit more

Its a GTR, it was built with twins and should stay that way.  Just my opinion.  Trouble being you wont get as good a result because the bolt up twins are getting pretty old.  Not sure how long in the tooth the Garrett 707160- designs are now but it has to be 20 years atleast?

Nearly everyone who advocates for singles runs E85.  Do you want to got to that trouble for 400hp?

If not what single are people recommending for 2.6 litres and 98 octane (Out of genuine interest).

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 2:11 AM, Andrew Le said:

im happy with 300-350kw 

And not sure how the price willl be if I go with single or twins prob twins will cost me a bit more

Yeah single is heaps better for performance, tuning, lag etc etc etc, and has been discussed many times. 

But.. I'd like to pipe in with my 2 cents. Especially as you have an V-spec. If you do opt to go single, keep all of the factory parts and matching engine if you do replace it as I can confidently say as these things become more and more rare in factory form and the price will only continue to go up.You'd be mad to cut up and change another Vspec to the point where it can't go back to stock if you are an enthusiast, that said end of the day it is your car, your choice.

Imagine all the XU1, Coupe Monaro or Phase 3 owners that chopped up good standard examples only to have them worth a fraction of what the OEM ones ended up as these days. Rx7 Gen 1's are another example.

If you really wanted a big single monster, surely you could sell on the vspec to a collector and get one already built and put some money in your pocket for more mods!

• Like 2

On 1/9/2019 at 2:11 AM, Andrew Le said:

im happy with 300-350kw 

Or.. Swap me the V-spec and I'll keep it bone stock :)