SAU Community

Tomei Arms Turbo MX-8265

Just checking to see if anyone has purchased and installed the Tomei Arms Turbo MX-8265 and was able to dyno. I just purchased this on a black Friday sale and I wont be able to install and test until it gets a little warmer here. I saw a 240 install this turbo on YouTube, but no information on his numbers yet. I can update once installed, but this turbo is so new you cannot even register it for warranty on the Tomei website....

https://www.enjukuracing.com/products/tomei-arms-turbo-mx8265-for-nissan-rb25det.html

I also purchased the Tomei turbo elbow to assist with back pressure. Again not installed.

https://www.enjukuracing.com/products/tomei-turbine-outlet-pipe-rb20-rb25.html

• Like 1

Hello Joe,

I'm really keen to know aswell since HKS GT-RS kit for RB25 have been discontinued.

I was seriously considering picking up the Tomei Arms due to it being one of the only bolt on turbo kits still available from a Japanese tuning house but read not so promising feedback on the units.

Good link, alot of product info. I don't really understand turbo specs. Can someone help interpret the turbine, compressor wheel figures and trim? What is it comparable with Garret catalogue? Their naming convention seems more straight forward.

Billet compressor wheels are a good feature but ball bearings are generally more favourable than journals.

Hope it turns out to be a ripper turbo though, please tell us how it goes.

On 1/15/2019 at 3:28 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Going to be honest, they're pretty poor performing turbos.

If you look carefully at them, they're just rebadged turbos.

Hey, just checking to see if you have seen them in action, or have any dyno results to show their poor performance. Are they rebadged stock turbos? I know a number of people have hi-flowed their turbos and they are happy with them, so wondering about that as well. 

Just checking to see where you have got this information from, it would be helpful for me.