SAU Community

Compression test 120psi

Hey guys I’m stressing out now not sure if i made the wrong decision. 

I just brought my first ever r32 gtr v spec. 

Went to have a look at the car was clean inside and out rust free this that I really wanted that car. 

Compression test 120psi over all 6 cylinder 

my mechanics friend said get it engine old it’s got wear and tear and shouldn’t be a problem engine could last u another 5 to 10 years who knows. 

Snyways so I brought the car and now I’m gonna put some power in the engine now not crazy just 300kw-350kw 400 tops

now I’m really worried and stressing if my motor is gonna hold or did I f**k up with the purchase and now have to spend a ton of money on rebuilding the bottom end ?

If it's showing signs of wear and tear I wouldn't be throwing 300-400kws at it... 

If it's running without a hitch, I would personally buy a new block and start from scratch to reach those power figures while cruising the streets in your stock motor.

Welcome to owning a GTR. You'll forever be stressing about something haha.

• Like 2

Yeah I got apexi power fc but last owner whip all data and hand controller not connected 

I’ll prob just get controller hooked up check on tomei exhaust and get a tune and cruise around 

n do what u said get another block on the side and start from scratch 

Whats the history of it? Id be looking under the covers to check if the cams are aftermarket.

A set of fat cams could drop it 30psi, plus retarding the stock cams would lower it and if someone put some silly low comp pistons in.

Do a leak down test, check the plugs, see how much blow by its making etc..