• Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


Sign in to follow this  
joe89

Tomei RB28 VS Spool RB29

Recommended Posts

Hi.

I'm going to rebuild my RB26.

Which of that stroker kit is better? Tomei cost 4200$, Spool 3900$, 50ccm3 difference, Spool have billett crankshaft.

Power goal 650whp, street car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t bother with any kit that doesn’t have a full counter weighted crank. I’d personally use the nitto 2.8 kit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That power both would work  im making 750whp with stock crank id go spool 2.9 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 2:16 AM, r32-25t said:

Don’t bother with any kit that doesn’t have a full counter weighted crank. I’d personally use the nitto 2.8 kit

Spool have billet full counter weighted crank 😀

On 1/10/2019 at 9:47 AM, Taha said:

That power both would work  im making 750whp with stock crank id go spool 2.9 

I think i also go with Spool :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spool 79mm here.

Did have issues with oil squirter clearances though unsure if it was specific to the 79mm or just a general issue, ordered kit through the engine builder so wasn't too involved but also was their responsibility to fix so that was a win.

 

Apart from that its pretty damn good, though presumably will wear out faster than a 77.7 etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sneakey pete said:

spool 79mm here.

Did have issues with oil squirter clearances though unsure if it was specific to the 79mm or just a general issue, ordered kit through the engine builder so wasn't too involved but also was their responsibility to fix so that was a win.

 

Apart from that its pretty damn good, though presumably will wear out faster than a 77.7 etc.

Much better spool and response against stock 2.6?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this