SAU Community

Hello from N.Z

OBJEXX

Hello all from across the ditch

Have recently come back to the "Light"  side and have got myself another RB in the form of an 89 A31 Cefiro. Have been a long time Nissan fanatic but have spent some time away (and currently still own) a 98 Subaru WRX V4 STI Type RA.

Anyway, the project is underway, picked this up with no Reg or Wof but has Cert for it's manual/turbo conversion and adjustable suspension, getting pretty close to having it road legal again and looking forward to being able to enjoy it with some spirited driving.

I notice the N.Z part of the forum is quiet... to say the least, maybe we can do something about that... maybe not. Hoping to be able to get some knowledge and track down some harder to find parts.

Cheers!

20180811_164725.jpg

20180811_164919.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome back to the club! I hate to be a downer, but it looks like your car is missing a component. ?

The body looks pretty clean considering most of these have been turned into drift missiles. 

Is there an interesting story behind how you picked it up? :) (also more pictures please). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

Welcome back to the club! I hate to be a downer, but it looks like your car is missing a component. ?

The body looks pretty clean considering most of these have been turned into drift missiles. 

Is there an interesting story behind how you picked it up? :) (also more pictures please). 

Thanks Steve85!

I can confirm the bonnet was just off for maad (dis)respect points hahaha

Not much of a story... picked it up off a friends brother who ran out of funds to finish it (twins will do that to a man)

Initially, drift missile was the intended goal for it but have since decided that it's too nice and straight for a novice to learn how to send it towards a wall sideways so now i'm just working towards getting it back on the road. very close now.

20180909_111427.jpg

20180916_092247.jpg

20180809_173154.jpg

• Like 2

Ah nice. I wondered. I thought it might have been chopped up for "drift style points". And picking up someone else projects can be fun. It's how i got a couple of my cars on the cheap. Welcome aboard. I'm sure there'll be heaps of people interested in this. Maybe start a build thread so I can follow along with your progress.

Cef looks great! (so does the RA).

I just got back from 2 weeks in NZ, so many Jap imports! Also, $2.15c per litre for 91! ?

I'd love to see more Kiwis on the boards, maybe I can send you some stickers to hand out at any meets you go to? 

Thanks,

Christian

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PranK said:

Cef looks great! (so does the RA).

I just got back from 2 weeks in NZ, so many Jap imports! Also, $2.15c per litre for 91! ?

I'd love to see more Kiwis on the boards, maybe I can send you some stickers to hand out at any meets you go to? 

Thanks,

Christian

Sounds like a plan mate! I'm hoping to get some interest going on the NZ forum on here as well.

• 2 months later...
Hello all from across the ditch
Have recently come back to the "Light"  side and have got myself another RB in the form of an 89 A31 Cefiro. Have been a long time Nissan fanatic but have spent some time away (and currently still own) a 98 Subaru WRX V4 STI Type RA.
Anyway, the project is underway, picked this up with no Reg or Wof but has Cert for it's manual/turbo conversion and adjustable suspension, getting pretty close to having it road legal again and looking forward to being able to enjoy it with some spirited driving.
I notice the N.Z part of the forum is quiet... to say the least, maybe we can do something about that... maybe not. Hoping to be able to get some knowledge and track down some harder to find parts.
Cheers!

20180811_164725.thumb.jpg.710b086bb4bd5127412dbd644ff22cdd.jpg
20180811_164919.thumb.jpg.13e01d6c9fb083000243ddf544828def.jpg
Excellent body conditions has that cefiro. It's ready to put on the streets. Greetings from Dominican Repúblic cefiro Rb20det owner [emoji1366]
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 10:31 AM, OBJEXX said:

Sounds like a plan mate! I'm hoping to get some interest going on the NZ forum on here as well.

Lots of Kiwis on this site mate - especially after the virtual demise of SDU. Most do not bother self identifying as such....

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 9:04 PM, KiwiRS4T said:

Lots of Kiwis on this site mate - especially after the virtual demise of SDU. Most do not bother self identifying as such....

Lurking in the shadows huh lol

Could be an idea to get a meet going?

On 3/15/2019 at 5:26 PM, Pedro_rosario said:

Excellent body conditions has that cefiro. It's ready to put on the streets. Greetings from Dominican Repúblic cefiro Rb20det owner emoji1366.png

Not long now brother!

End of the month is the target, then it'll be in and out of the garage in build mode again HA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OBJEXX said:

Lurking in the shadows huh lol

Could be an idea to get a meet going?

If you do get a meet going, I'm happy to send some stickers over for you guys. I'm super keen to help the NZ community get more active again.

• Like 1