SAU Community

What are your buying and selling plans?

Steve85

From what i can tell, most of us have a plans up our sleeve to buy new (old) cars and sell cars that we have right now. 
I know that most car people have at least one of these plans in their heads. What is your plan?

I'll go first:

A lot of my car actions are dictated by the Melbourne housing market. To buy a decent inner city house (read; hipsterville), i'm going to need to offload at least 3 of our cars (i don't have $2M or more, so more than 2 cars is a non starter).

Potentially sell the Silver and Blue GTRs in 3-5 years. 
Sell both wagons to other people. 
Maybe sell the race car, depending on what i feel like (it's not worth shit, so it can stay or go). 

If I clear out the driveway, i'll be looking to add an E61 M5 (the wagons with a V10) to the house. 

IMG_5183.JPG

KR4 and LM Friends.jpg

E61.jpg

20180310_100748.jpg

• Like 1

Would like to grab another Skyline (33 GTR) before the prices go even higher. Would also like to get some NISMO parts for the current fleet. Could flip the current lot for profit but would end up regretting it!

• Like 1

Sell my S14a and buy a Megane RS275

Cant afford anything GT-R these days and not willing to pay top dollar for below average cars with bubbled dashboards, rust, accident damage, unknown km and 20+ years of human slime covering the interior

• Like 1

Unlike steve85, ive invested in property for the long term rather than cars. Happy living in the outer burbs (scumville) thrashing a gtst and stagea around (fit right in) lol. I have thoughts of buying a nice hi end bmw or merc but then crunch the numbers and think i should just buy another house. Can live the high roller life a bit later on in life i suppose.

Once the track bug that has bitten me goes away, i may move on the gtst and get a more modern mid spec bm. Cant fathom tracking a modern car worth $ so the gtst stays for now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, profaine said:

Could flip the current lot for profit but would end up regretting it!

This regret is what i'm worried about. The Silver one, not so much as it shouldn't be driven or modded. But the LM. Yeah, i don't know.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, junkie said:

Cant afford anything GT-R these days and not willing to pay top dollar for below average cars with bubbled dashboards, rust, accident damage, unknown km and 20+ years of human slime covering the interior

You don't trust Skyline GTR sellers? They know what they got. Hahaha. 

As the owner's we set the price to the market and obviously with USA they will be left with no choice but to pay to play. Same with the prospective buyers here, Hong Kong, Canada etc. The market is red-hot and given the diminishing supply of GT-R's it's a no brainer that they will be at 6 figures soon enough.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

As the owner's we set the price to the market and obviously with USA they will be left with no choice but to pay to play. Same with the prospective buyers here, Hong Kong, Canada etc. The market is red-hot and given the diminishing supply of GT-R's it's a no brainer that they will be at 6 figures soon enough.

That's still speculative though. It's only based on historic evidence and could potentially go wrong for those of us who are looking to make a few bucks. Not that i disagree mind you, but you never know.

My theory is these are the "muscle cars" of our era. I'll pay good money for GTR, but your V8 HSV, Ford or even C63? I'll give you five dollars.

here we go... another pointless GT-R price projection thread... you guys should just meet up in person and jerk each other off :P

More on topic... due to family commitments we'll be selling the wifes Eunos Roadster and getting something 4-door, atm looking at either a early 2000's Caldina GT-Four or Mercedes E320.

Eventually will sell the Skyline track hack, and seriously considering getting something like an Excel cup car just for fun.

• Like 3

here we go... another pointless GT-R price projection thread... you guys should just meet up in person and jerk each other off [emoji14]

More on topic... due to family commitments we'll be selling the wifes Eunos Roadster and getting something 4-door, atm looking at either a early 2000's Caldina GT-Four or Mercedes E320.
Eventually will sell the Skyline track hack, and seriously considering getting something like an Excel cup car just for fun.
Thanks for pushingthe thread back on topic.

If you're in Melbourne (or elsewhere i guess) and are serious about a racecar, I'd be keen to see the Audi go to a good home. It's just wasting away with me. PM me if you like. [emoji16]

From what i can tell, most of us have a plans up our sleeve to buy new (old) cars and sell cars that we have right now. 
I know that most car people have at least one of these plans in their heads. What is your plan?

I'll go first:
A lot of my car actions are dictated by the Melbourne housing market. To buy a decent inner city house (read; hipsterville), i'm going to need to offload at least 3 of our cars (i don't have $2M or more, so more than 2 cars is a non starter).
Potentially sell the Silver and Blue GTRs in 3-5 years. 
Sell both wagons to other people. 
Maybe sell the race car, depending on what i feel like (it's not worth shit, so it can stay or go). 

If I clear out the driveway, i'll be looking to add an E61 M5 (the wagons with a V10) to the house. 
IMG_5183.thumb.JPG.f13990ce1fc30937ff1b7d52cf864d00.JPG
1669978440_KR4andLMFriends.thumb.jpg.e818501876082510305e4ea0513d8a91.jpg
E61.thumb.jpg.9933a40bb289b8911d303dea898a43c4.jpg
20180310_100748.thumb.jpg.92d7782b2bc7a42cd17a7633b43fbfb6.jpg
Hey Steve my evil plan is to buy your gt-r lm spec when you sell it so I can stalk your Pal Eric in W.A. I'll keep the Beyond Blue gtst so I have a Godzilla/Godzookey look in the driveway to scare away the bogans. Double dinosaur rather than double dragon.
  • Like 1

Hey Steve my evil plan is to buy your gt-r lm spec when you sell it so I can stalk your Pal Eric in W.A. I'll keep the Beyond Blue gtst so I have a Godzilla/Godzookey look in the driveway to scare away the bogans. Double dinosaur rather than double dragon.
This sounds like a solid plan! [emoji16][emoji23]

Next move is to flick the Stagea off for...something, undecided at the moment. It'll have to be big, 4WD and able to tow a lot. Hopefully the Rivian EVs come to fruition so I have an electric option.

Leaf will be traded for...something. Maybe 62kWh Leaf or even a Porsche Taycan if they're available at the time.

I've also picked up a stock NZ-new Honda S2000 as a fun car/long term speculative investment. Since I do my own wrenching I wanted something fun that'd be reliable enough to not need a lot of work, and simple enough to fix if it does break.

I'm mortgage-free now, which is weird but awesome, but looking to buy a decent chunk of land, so the Stagea and Leaf replacement will be determined by how much land and how far out of town it is. In the meantime I'm saving like mad.

• Like 1

Loving my 330i for the commute. Its super easy to drive and has a little bit of punch.

My Bora wont sell and its too good to part out, so that's likely to become a registered track car (rego cause we have no decent tower.)

We have a CX7 which is likely to be sold soon to make way for a new CX9, having never owned a brand new car before I am a little excited about this. It will be leased through my work (financier to be decided if you know anybody.)

Then in the next few years I'll get an M3. Likely an E92 with the V8 (or maybe a new Supra!). M3's have always been a dream and while I absolutely still love JDM I love the comfort and feel of German and they are easier to commute in than a GTR (IMO).

• Like 2