SAU Community

What are your buying and selling plans?

Steve85

1 hour ago, GTofuS-T said:

wait... have you seen it though?? :puke:

it is more european than JDM though, so might meet both criteria for you? haha

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/2020-toyota-gr-supra-full-photo-gallery.1504/

Yeap, it's pretty f**ked up, it looks like a couple of different style body kits got mixed up and installed.

• Like 1

This topic i think almost changes for me every couple of months...

The 32 GTR will always be a main stayer and never sold...

The S15 however I toss up whether to sell or not every now and then, I bought it as a car to have fun in but is still registered as at the time I had a work car and therefore nothing to tow it with, now I've moved jobs I've been using the S15 to daily in when i'm back home from site. It's now out of rego and i'm looking to get back into a 4WD dual cab ute that can tow but also do a little bit of off roading in. So now the S15 is at a stage where if i modify further it loses it's relatively comfortable drive..... So do i sell / swap for a track dedicated car so that not another import is lost to track duties... mmmm, I dunno?!?!?

I would ideally love a 34 GTR but that would mean all my savings are gone and i dunno if i could live without that security blanket :34_rolling_eyes:

Edited by mr_rbman
  • Like 1

Interesting to hear people's thoughts on the topic. Basically what I hear from everyone is; I'm getting old and cbf lol and some days I feel the same.

I don't want to sell my gtr. Even though it's a old nissan it is definitely my all time dream car. Even as a kid I didn't lust after Ferraris or lambos. I just always wanted a 32 gtr with a big single. Just like the videos I'd watch on exvitermini way back when. Now I have it. It's awesome and the best part is my kids love it too.

That being said, I would only consider selling it if I was offered an exorbitant amount of money because once it is gone, chances are I would never own a car like this again.

• Like 2

So, after saying i was happy with the M35 Stagea and 33 GTST. I've decided to move the Stagea on and am picking up a diesel Audi Q7 as a family back up and weekend getaway vehicle. Wont be anywhere near as fast but way more comfortable and provide a heap more room for the new addition to our family. We recently had another baby girl, the q7 seems like a sensible choice and was awarded with the Fatz stamp of approval for reliability, so I've taken the plunge.

• Like 2

I want to keep both my cars but having them, plus work vehicle plus partners car makes finding a house for it all difficult and/or expensive.

I'm not wanting to think about selling either of them but paying rego for the pulsar is depressing every year. I would let it lapse but it would never get roadworthy to be registered again. If it ever becomes eligible for club reg, doubt it would pass that either. I don't want to have to trailer it everywhere so means I gotta pay the price.

With V12 centuries being eligible to be imported soon... It's super tempting to upgrade from the Gloria (as the century was always the dream but not possible). But it would be another project, even more $$$ plus V12 maintenance. I'm sure once they come down in price as they get older in Japan, there will be many floating around in Aus and lose their appeal a bit.

But yeah, f**k cars. Should have just collected stamps.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, admS15 said:

QE2 Q7 has docked

Nice. Looks really clean, you sure do move quickly on these things. Here's the rest of us procrastinating while you're busy tearing it up. :D

20 hours ago, PranK said:

I was more referring to the assumption that people will be ok with it. A generalised statement. 

Same power output as a VQ35 (although presumably more torque) to shift a 3 ton behemoth!!