SAU Community

2nd Australian owner R32 GTST type M series 2

HCR32 type M

So I picked this up from a 62year old lady a few months ago. She brought it in from Japan in 1999, and it was her weekend car. It has just clicked over 200,000km, it was her pride and joy. I have had the paint corrected and ceramic coated over the whole car. I purchased some second hand Bilsteins and had them rebuilt by Bilstein in Sydney. I have purchased a AP Engineeing Power FC with the boost control kit and the FC datalogit module.

Planned mods are as follows..

JJR stainless 3” turbo back with HF cat

Hypertune High Flow G2 or G3 BB OP6

Blitz return flow front mount Intercooler

550cc injectors from GCG

Walbro fuel pump upgrade

Z32 AFM

Apexi power intake

Splitfire coil pack

Looking for anything above 250kws on 98.

Cheers Angelo 

• Like 2

Don't put an OP6 based highflow on an RB20.  It will be laggy and you won't like it.  There are smarter options.  Even just the 21U based highflow would be smarter.  But right now, budget considerations notwithstanding, I wouldn't choose a highflow.  I'd put an EFR7163 on it.

Don't buy 550cc injectors, unless they are Bosch EV14 based.  If they are just old style injectors they will be shitty compared to even 1000cc EV14s.

You will need a clutch (because it will not live long).  You will need a diff (because it will single peg everywhere).  You will probably end up needing a gearbox.

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

Don't put an OP6 based highflow on an RB20.  It will be laggy and you won't like it.  There are smarter options.  Even just the 21U based highflow would be smarter.  But right now, budget considerations notwithstanding, I wouldn't choose a highflow.  I'd put an EFR7163 on it.

Don't buy 550cc injectors, unless they are Bosch EV14 based.  If they are just old style injectors they will be shitty compared to even 1000cc EV14s.

You will need a clutch (because it will not live long).  You will need a diff (because it will single peg everywhere).  You will probably end up needing a gearbox.

Sorry it was the 21U that Tao mentioned, and not to go the OP6...

The EFR7163 would not drop straight in would it?

I am trying to make all of my mods reversible, so I can go back to stock if need be..

The GTS-T has LSD from factory.

The 550cc injectors are from DeatschWerk, I thought they were all OK??

Edited by HCR32 type M
missed a bit

• 2 weeks later...

That's a pretty cool story in regards to the previous owner history. At least you know that it'd been very well looked after as it looks in the photos. Pretty keen to see some interior and under the hood shots even though I'd assume it's all factory standard.

On 1/15/2019 at 1:54 PM, HCR32 type M said:

JJR stainless 3” turbo back with HF cat

Try and stay away from the JJR range. Their R32 exhaust in particular had fitment issues and requires custom fab to sit correctly.

10 hours ago, jmknights93 said:

That's a pretty cool story in regards to the previous owner history. At least you know that it'd been very well looked after as it looks in the photos. Pretty keen to see some interior and under the hood shots even though I'd assume it's all factory standard.

Try and stay away from the JJR range. Their R32 exhaust in particular had fitment issues and requires custom fab to sit correctly.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

• Like 1