SAU Community

RB20 No compression cylinder 1!! help!!!!

Hoping you guys can help me out or have some ideas.  Sorry if it is alittle long i went to get all the details out there.  I have a 1991 nissan skyline GTST with a rb20det in it.  I recently took it to the tuners to get cams, cam gears, and a new timing belt installed.  Boy has it been a nightmare.  To start they got everything installed and had the car on the dyno ready to go.  While it was on the dyno the timing belt walked backwards into the motor and shredded it alittle.  I got a call telling me this and that it was caused by the tension bolt.  I am guessing they cross threaded it or something because they had to order a new one.  They also went ahead and ordered me a new timing belt.  At this point I am like ok no big deal they are fixing what they messed up.  They get it put back together and everything is good to go I get the call to come get it.  Then I get a call saying they were pulling it out of the garage and there was oil on the floor.  They said it was coming from the front main seal.  So we went ahead and replaced that.  Since they now had to take it all back apart to change that It made sense to just go ahead and get a new water pump as well since that is right there.  They get all the parts in to do that and change it all out.  They put the car back on the dyno to make sure everything is good to go and the car is know down 100hp.  They had the car on the dyno after they replaced the timing belt and got the cams in and it was at 340whp.  So I get a call saying they compression checked all the cylinders and cylinder 1 has 0 compression now.  I will post pictures of cylinder 1 and what the rest of the cylinders look like.  There first thought is a mechanical fail with injector 1.  They sent out the injectors to be flow tested free of charge and they came back all working good.  They then tell me they are going to look at a few other things and get back to me later that day.  I get a call saying that they checked the timing and everything to make sure that was still good and they say the timing is perfect on it.  No valves or anything were bent in the head.  They are still going to look at a couple other things to determine if it was there fault or not.  I guess my question is what do you think could have caused this?  Do you think its on them?  I unfortionetly  did not compression test it before it went there so I don't know what it was at.   The car was running perfect before it went there.  They had previously done all of my tune work and everything to my car as well.  I am prolly forgetting some things but I tried to include everything.  Please let me know what you're guys thoughts are. 

List of whats done. 

Tomei Arms turbo

FMIC

440cc DW fuel injectors

AEM 255 fuel pump

down pipe

cat back exhuast

test pipe

IMG_3230.JPG

IMG_3231.JPG

52 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Just take the head off and find out.  This internet diagnosis thing is bullshit.

52 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

If a motor has zero comp on a cylinder why the hell would you go and point the finger at injectors? 

Sounds like you've been taken for a ride.

Also I suspect bent valves.

This and this.

You sound very american.

Your workshop of choice is shit, find a new one or better yet learn to do everything yourself. If the car was running fine before it went in then it had some compression. Only time i have ever seen zero comp is because of a chipped valve. 

Find a new workshop and let them take the head off and go from there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

Your workshop of choice is shit, find a new one or better yet learn to do everything yourself. If the car was running fine before it went in then it had some compression. Only time i have ever seen zero comp is because of a chipped valve. 

Find a new workshop and let them take the head off and go from there.

This may sound harsh but it is solid advice. Get a new workshop.  You dont destroy a cam belt, lose compression and then start looking at injectors for the fault.

BTW - it was their fault.

• Like 2