SAU Community

An R32 that actually looks alright?

Rare 1993 HKS Zero-R R32 Skyline coming to Melbourne after auction

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/rare-1993-hks-zero-r-r32-skyline-coming-to-melbourne-after-auction?fbclid=IwAR0i1xslvcuwk3wScGXNmLG6f**kRPVhieNNNJsyq0ORbnnbxX9QVlwbeJs

Rare-1993-HKS-Zero-R-R32-Skyline-coming-

If HKS managed to make an R32 look desirable finally... imagine how good the R33 version could be!

Thoughts?

You wot mate?  Looks like pox.  Rear wing wraps forward to make it look like the failboat line of an R33 rear end.  Front bumper looks like it belongs on a tupperware Camry.  Unnecessary plastic cladding on the lower half of the doors. Front lower corner of the side skirt is just plain big, bulky and ugly.  Conversely, the back end of the side skirt is nowhere near as vertically deep as the Nismo one, despite all that sideways bulk required to implement the (probably) non-functional air vent.  Regardless of whether that vent is functional or not, it's not needed to feed the brakes anyway.

Face looks like thisimage.png.a4d536d4b5278e4e054d65b925125c7c.png

• Like 1

Interesting. So R32 fanboi's hating on an R32. I wonder though, is it because I posted it in a way that put down other R32's and mentioned R33? If I (or say Prank or VSpec) had posted it as a purely R32 appreciation thread would you all be frothing?

Also would be interested to know your thoughts if it was Nismo instead of HKS... but alas none of these possibilities are now possible.

Anyway, I still like it, wouldn't pay $212,000 for it though

• Like 3

When I first saw them in high performance imports (both the magazine and the dvd) I thought they were ugly then and I still think they’re ugly now, 

they seem to have changed colour since back then as they were all a silver colour previously 

1 hour ago, GTofuS-T said:

Interesting. So R32 fanboi's hating on an R32. I wonder though, is it because I posted it in a way that put down other R32's and mentioned R33? If I (or say Prank or VSpec) had posted it as a purely R32 appreciation thread would you all be frothing?

Also would be interested to know your thoughts if it was Nismo instead of HKS... but alas none of these possibilities are now possible.

Anyway, I still like it, wouldn't pay $212,000 for it though

Ugly AF.  HKS not known for ugly in the same way that Veilside are, but also not known for elegance in the same way that Nismo are.  This one is verging on Veilside ugly.  This one is verging on VL Commodore levels of strap on Tupperware stupidity.  Would not bang now, nor would ever have frothed over it 25 years ago.

1 hour ago, r32-25t said:

And video showed they were covered in moss

From the article in the OP it appears the project was abandoned in the 90's and relaunched in the early 2000's, which would explain that, with that in mind, i hope the new owner doesn't get a nice expensive rusty surprise.

47 minutes ago, Rusty Nuts said:

This thread is a Re-Release of George Orwell's "Animal Farm" starring all the usual suspects.

The HKS R32 GTR reminds me of the horse, it worked out well for Boxer didn't it?????