SAU Community

180sx one headlight goes up, the other goes down

Gard

Hey guys so recently my headlights began to mess up. I resorted to changing the stalk switch and then change the motor.

after changing the motor, both headlights went up fine, yet the one with the changed motor wasnt level with the perfectly working pop up light.

So after a spirited drive, my car had a new issue which is now hilarious and frustrating as eff. 

As the title of the thread says; one headlight goes up and the other goes down.

this happens when flick the lights on and even the pop up button. Both sides seems to think its off but one is clearly up and the same story when lights are on, one is down. There is also a bit of a clunking noise as the light thats problematic is going down.

the course of action i took was to disconnect the mechanism that you can screw the cap to adjust the headlight levels. And then put it back while the lights are in the off position... this did not work. 

Another course of action i took was removing the relays in the fuse box below the intake. Now... this did not work also.

So i am now here asking my dear nissan friends if they know the solution i could try or even to go an auto electrician who are knowledgeable about 180’s.

Your help is hugely appreciated!

and if someone tells me to buy abflug lights, I honestly would rn. Ball ache af!!!

A839EE36-8DDA-4326-8497-230D0F0FFD67.jpeg