SAU Community

Hello all!

MegaMorsels

Hey everyone!

I've been the proud owner of a 1995 Skyline GT-R Vspec for almost a year and I'm approaching a time where I can start upgrading and customizing the car to my liking.  I also have had to repair a few things on the car including my current problem with the driver side window regulator.  I'm and American currently living in Japan.  When I move back to the states, this baby is coming with me.  I'm hoping to learn more about these cars and share what little I do know with the group.

Thanks!

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

• Like 4

I'll happily send a container full of parts, if you send me a container full of money, haha.  Parts here are EXPENSIVE!  I was told that Skylines were pricey but, wow, I didn't expect to be paying $430 for a window motor and $150 for a single trunk support shock.  

I had to get at least one stereotypical cherry blossom photo shoot in.  The train zooming past in the background was a bonus.  :-).

• Like 1

Yeah that train has all the people on it that 5 years said Skylines would never be worth anything ???

I watched a video on car prices in Japan yesterday and it seems that finally they’ve realised they’re sitting on a gold mine!  Prices are skyrocketing there too. 

As a bonus I guess at least we can still buy brand new parts!

I really wish I had been here about 4 or 5 years ago.  Then I could afford the R34 I actually wanted.  Now? Not a chance.  $60K+ for a 20 year old car is a huge pill to swallow.

I suppose we have Fast and the Furious to thank for that haha.  

Thanks for the compliments.  I spent quite a bit of time trying to find one with as few mods as possible.  After going to the Tokyo Auto Salon a couple of weekends ago, now I'm burning to do some upgrades haha!