SAU Community

How much power do I have?

Hey guys,

So I bought an R34 GTT a while back and when I bought it the previous owner didn't know much about the mods as had it sitting for quite a while and left it the way he bought it.

Which means I've been finding out slowly what mods it has.. I know it has a GT3067 turbo, nistune ecu (which the tuning shops in town refused to tune the car with), tuned on 98 and runs quite rich, but I have no idea how much power I'm making. I took off in 2nd gear earlier tonight and I hit 16psi before I shifted, it has the RB25DET Neo still. It pulls quite hard, I'm wondering what power I could be looking at in it's current state? Not sure if it has any other engine mods.. 

Is there a way I can tell what custom shit it has on it more easily?

Cheers for any replies

Edited by thenixtone

Probably <350hp@wheels.  Or more to the point, <270rwkW at the wheels.  More likely to be ~250rwkW.  And that would only be if it was boosting to more than 16 psi and well tuned.  The 3067 is a baby turbo.  67mm compressor really is too small for a Neo25.  Better off with at least a 71, preferably 76.  And that was 10 years ago.  Now, there are significantly better options available.

Not shitting on your turbo, just letting you know where it falls in the power potential stakes.  240-250rwkW is a really nice power level for a street car anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thenixtone said:

Hey guys,

, nistune ecu (which the tuning shops in town refused to tune the car with),

Is there a way I can tell what custom shit it has on it more easily?

Cheers for any replies

What town are you in? Check to see if you have non standard injectors.

3076 is more of a 300rwkW turbo.  You could do a search in these forums or using google pointing at sau.com.au for mentions of 3076 power reports.  There is a 58 page thread stickied at the top of this forum that would have dozens of mentions in it alone.  It's a very common turbo.

If it really only has ~180rwkW in your car, then.....dunno how that would be possible at 16 psi.  The standard turbo will do more power than that at 12 psi!  So you can't assume the 180rwkW number is correct.  Definitely wrong.  At 16 psi it should still be in the mid 200s at least.  And it would feel pretty quick.

You didn’t say where you lived?
If in Sydney or near Newcastle I can recommend Anthony (Guilt Toy) for tuning.
I live in Brisbane and now drive to Newcastle to see Anthony for anything requiring a dyno.
He will get the best out of your 3076 !
Mike

Probably Not shitting on your turbo, just letting you know where it falls in the power potential stakes.  240-250rwkW is a really nice power level for a street car anyway.

I run 230 odd kw on a street R33 and it’s loads of fun - my old HKS 2530 is a bit laggy, so there’s not much happening below 3000rpm.

Give it some stick, and when the power comes in you’re not looking at the tacho!

In reality a newer turbo with less lag would be better for me, and I’d likely get more hp...but I have no funds for car upgrades, and it’s so much fun to drive as it is...especially for passengers not used to boost

I’ve not driven a +300kw car so I have no reference to the “normal” modified Skyline - my “puny” 230kW is loads of fun for a street car.

Mike

• Like 1