SAU Community

Suspension shop reccomendation - Perth

Hey guys,

I recently had a friend replace the busted rubber inner LCA bushings on my car with superpro polyurethane ones...The old bushings just fell out, leaving only the metal cylinder piece behind. After pressing out the that piece on the first arm, the new bushing was loose in the hole (Think the part he used to press it was slightly too big, used a different piece for the other arm and the bushing fit well) so he machined some nylon stoppers to place on each side so the bushings couldn't slide out. Is this going to be an issue or was it a decent DIY solution?

I know I need a wheel alignment, can anyone recommend an affordable/reliable place in Perth other than Pedders?

Also my tyres are badly worn from being out of alignment I'm assuming so I will need to replace them before I can get the alignment. My tyres read 235/35A19 91W - see pic, I need the cheapest replacements possible, any suggestions on tyre stores? Would it cost much more to just go for 4 new wheels so I can go 17 or 18" rims and have a bit more cushioning?

Thanks ?

Yes do not go to Pedders - sorry apart from that have no knowledge of Perth scene. And yes you would be wasting your money getting an alignment with badly worn tyres. Wait til you have the new ones. Smaller wheels would be more comfortable and tyres probably cheaper as well. If you have some nice 19s you may be able to get a good deal from someone wanting to upsize!

16 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Yes do not go to Pedders - sorry apart from that have no knowledge of Perth scene. And yes you would be wasting your money getting an alignment with badly worn tyres. Wait til you have the new ones. Smaller wheels would be more comfortable and tyres probably cheaper as well. If you have some nice 19s you may be able to get a good deal from someone wanting to upsize!

Thanks for the reply, Yeah heard they're not the best option, I'll have a google and call around and get some quotes. Yeah might try put an ad up on gumtree for a swap...would really prefer more tyre than rim, it's just smashing the suspension.

6 hours ago, Neurotic said:

Hey guys,

I recently had a friend replace the busted rubber inner LCA bushings on my car with superpro polyurethane ones...The old bushings just fell out, leaving only the metal cylinder piece behind. After pressing out the that piece on the first arm, the new bushing was loose in the hole (Think the part he used to press it was slightly too big, used a different piece for the other arm and the bushing fit well) so he machined some nylon stoppers to place on each side so the bushings couldn't slide out. Is this going to be an issue or was it a decent DIY solution?

I know I need a wheel alignment, can anyone recommend an affordable/reliable place in Perth other than Pedders?

Also my tyres are badly worn from being out of alignment I'm assuming so I will need to replace them before I can get the alignment. My tyres read 235/35R19 91W - see pic, I need the cheapest replacements possible, any suggestions on tyre stores? Would it cost much more to just go for 4 new wheels so I can go 17 or 18" rims and have a bit more cushioning?

Thanks ?

19 hours ago, Neurotic said:

19 hours ago, Neurotic said:

Thanks for the reply, Yeah heard they're not the best option, I'll have a google and call around and get some quotes. Yeah might try put an ad up on gumtree for a swap...would really prefer more tyre than rim, it's just smashing the suspension.

Precise Suspensions & Automotive in wangara or W.A. Suspensions in osborne park