SAU Community

HKS GTIII-5R - T51R replacement

BK

So you have just spent how much on a donk from CRD?

You are willing to drop $5K on a bucket of shit snail "to save money because it bolts in?"

In this situation you aren't even "skimping" on the most important part of the car which seems to make it even more ridiculous to throw that HKS snail on! 

Sell your current setup to some other JDM bell end for a hugely inflated price like you are prepared to spend on that prehistoric shit heap...... 

Realistically it will probably be about $2 or $3K at the most for a new manifold, gate/s and a new dump pipe by the time you sold the old setup.

You will probably save $3K and have a car thats faark loads quicker, more fun to drive & more reliable long term because it wont need 100% throttle & 6500rpm to overtake 75yo Mavis in her Toyota Prius on her way to church on Sunday morning.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Mick_o said:

So you have just spent how much on a donk from CRD?

You are willing to drop $5K on a bucket of shit snail "to save money because it bolts in?"

In this situation you aren't even "skimping" on the most important part of the car which seems to make it even more ridiculous to throw that HKS snail on! 

Sell your current setup to some other JDM bell end for a hugely inflated price like you are prepared to spend on that prehistoric shit heap...... 

Realistically it will probably be about $2 or $3K at the most for a new manifold, gate/s and a new dump pipe by the time you sold the old setup.

You will probably save $3K and have a car thats faark loads quicker, more fun to drive & more reliable long term because it wont need 100% throttle & 6500rpm to overtake 75yo Mavis in her Toyota Prius on her way to church on Sunday morning.

Yeah ok point taken ? ?you've given me a good laugh reading that after the shit day I've had !

Everyone will probably slap me for this, but my manifold that the current turbo bolts to is a split pulse T4 flange with a T4 to 99mm v band adaptor to mount the hks.

Don't the Precisions and Garrett's have T4 flange mounts ?

Loving this....rip out the engine and rebuild it again for now reason and put it back together with a big BW turbo with a pipe straight out the bonnet.  That be fun.

90's power curve FTW thats all ya need to scare the tits off ya mrs. Who wants to go REAL fast with all these cops around you just want to scare the passenger on a full pull hahaha.

Send IT!

19 hours ago, BK said:

Yeah ok point taken ? ?you've given me a good laugh reading that after the shit day I've had !

Everyone will probably slap me for this, but my manifold that the current turbo bolts to is a split pulse T4 flange with a T4 to 99mm v band adaptor to mount the hks.

Don't the Precisions and Garrett's have T4 flange mounts ?

If the only reason you're not getting a non HKS turbo is because you don't want to fab a new dump... Get a non HKS turbo!

• Like 1

If your keeping up with the conversation you'll see it looks like I'll be changing to a Precision.

Definitely 6466 or 6870. Leaning towards 6870. Would still love to have v band in and out on exhaust housing, V bands are awesome to work on and no gaskets. A/r sizes in v band i think are .082 and .96, but twin scroll is 1.00 and up. What housing sizes are recommended and is twin scroll that much better than using the v band inlet housing ?

i know i'm just jumping on the peer pressure train.

I'd say its worth it but it does depend what you want to do with the car. lot of drag boys dont bother.
V band is nice but how often do you really take your turbo off the manifold?
Just make sure you get a quality gasket and studs etc. and you wont have any dramas

Ok spoke to Con at CRD again this morning. Decision made - PT6466 with T4 twin scroll 1.00a/r will be going on.

Bye bye HKS ? Be sad to see her go but am very excited to see results when completed !

• Like 2

On 2/8/2019 at 5:18 PM, sneakey pete said:

i know i'm just jumping on the peer pressure train.

I'd say its worth it but it does depend what you want to do with the car. lot of drag boys dont bother.
V band is nice but how often do you really take your turbo off the manifold?
Just make sure you get a quality gasket and studs etc. and you wont have any dramas

Quite often if you own an oil burning PTE & dont have 16× 22 billion micron inline oil filters? 

8 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Yes!

Good stuff man, glad we all knocked sense into you! 

(waits for the Precision hating lot to chime in)

There are Johnny that 1's for you ?

Edited by Mick_o

• 2 months later...