SAU Community

r34 relocate battery

all, 

I know this may have been asked before but couldn't get a direct response to what i needed

I have ran the cable to boot and ready to relocate. i want to mount the battery on the top shelf by removing the hicas ecu.

unfortunately there is no bolt or whatso ever to hold the batter in place. I am thinking of drilling a whole on the top shelf but my question is, is the top shelf very close to fuel pump / plastic pump and I could put a whole in the tank?

Yes it's very close to the fuel tank, getting a bolt or 4 in there (properly) will be a bit of a headache too. Pull off the fuel pump lid and have a look under there to get an idea of what you're working with - I'll give you a hint, it's not very much at all.

In terms of drilling into the tank, yes it's a pretty real risk so be careful, or re-consider your need to mount it in that exact location.

yeah very small much tiny space, did place it on right hand side

i am running positive through a kill switch which is the one below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Truck-Van-Battery-Isolator-Cut-Off-Kill-Switch-SPST-MAX-50V-200A-On-Off-Out/123429881445?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

how would you cover the bottom when wires are in to ensure it won't touch body etc?

i am thinking a battery box but rather not buy one as have a battery bracket but this needs to be inside something

I mounted mine up there using a boat battery dry box and fastening it to the plate behind the rear seat back rest.  I wanted to avoid drilling anywhere near the fuel tank.

Edit:  https://www.amazon.ca/Attwood-Corporation-9082-1-Small-Battery/dp/B0000B12YQ/ref=asc_df_B0000B12YQ/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=293019546650&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18158838352016114596&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9060757&hvtargid=pla-449319819249&psc=1

Edited by R34L_Crooks
Link to dry box

R33's had the battery in the boot and the battery holder bolts straight into the r34 the holes are already there. I had to modify the bracket for the ecu behind the battery though to make it fit. Here is a pic but it is not finished.

DSCF4175.JPG

• Like 1