SAU Community

R34 link ecu

3 hours ago, drifter17a said:

same weather but when engine is cold, high boost when warm , it can't go beyond 7-8psi

look at these scum bag , there is a reason worrying about my baby 

Where's the abuse? Road testing with very conservative driving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 9:52 PM, KiwiRS4T said:

Where's the abuse? Road testing with very conservative driving.

friend of mine had its car totaled by a dealer here who was meant to service it .

a 19 years old took it out and trashed it who was a technician

a question re link ecu, I installed new turbo and wanted to take the inlet manifold out to paint it.

whilst doing it, I realised how much of a pain it can be to even change the injectors so I have decided to get the 630cc injectors and install it and take it to tuner.

my question is, if i simply plug the g4 into the car, can i change the injector size and then the base map will inject correct amount of fuel or no ?

25 minutes ago, drifter17a said:

spoke to Link tech and was told I could change the injector opening time to half which would allow the engine to run on the 630cc injectors and can slowly drive it to tuner. thoughts?

How do you plan on doing that? Is there an Injector open time table?

A proper tune will never take ~3-4 hours unless your tuner already has a canned map, your car is perfect, and they just need to verify that everything is running properly + maybe small tweaks here and there. It will take a few days to do it right even though Link or whatever ECU manufacturer of choice is providing the base map which shouldn't be too far off in the first place.

OEMs take months of engineering time to do the factory calibration. It's a full time job. Even then sometimes they run out of time and it's too late to get another calibration emissions certified and you end up with a factory tune that breaks engines. Subaru has done this before. With a turbo engine especially the dyno cannot do everything for you, some road testing is needed to tune for real-world IATs.

Engine calibration is not for kids. If you don't trust your tuner to not crash/abuse your car they have no business doing an ECU calibration.

Some logging is needed to diagnose why your car is running wrong on the base map, if you can screenshot a trace of the behavior people can probably help.

17 hours ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

His car isn't running correctly because he hasn't started enough threads on SAU yet to ensure smooth trouble free motoring

the more I ignore you and people alike the more you pop up. just get off it and bugger off