• Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


Recommended Posts

I bought a hypergear rb25 turbo beginning of this month and am waiting for it to get shipped to the states. I’d like to replace the current suction rubbery oem crappy hose that it has right now. I fear right now it might be getting partially collapsed under WOT. I found this one here http://www.performance-wise.net/page53.htm

 

anyone else have experience with these?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^shithouse. Bad fit, overpriced. Just get a stainless bend, and weld fittings onto it( they're common sizes), and use silicone joiners for pipe sections. That way you can adjust it sectionally to get exactly the right angles/positions, otherwise one solid long pipe will be a PITA to fit right. Can get it all off ebay cheap, and then just replace single piece if making changes in future, rather than having to re-do whole pipe.

Example of mine is shown here

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/475731-r33r34-performance-items-some-brand-new-gktech-tein-apexi-nismo/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hardsteppa said:

^^shithouse. Bad fit, overpriced. Just get a stainless bend, and weld fittings onto it( they're common sizes), and use silicone joiners for pipe sections. That way you can adjust it sectionally to get exactly the right angles/positions, otherwise one solid long pipe will be a PITA to fit right. Can get it all off ebay cheap, and then just replace single piece if making changes in future, rather than having to re-do whole pipe.

Example of mine is shown here

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/475731-r33r34-performance-items-some-brand-new-gktech-tein-apexi-nismo/

It’s too bad you sold yours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i sold one, but have another one for sale now - the one pictured later in the thread. Postage to the US might be a bit though mate, might be better locally made? Really only need the fittings welded on  (if you don't have a welder that is) the rest you can make at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i now run a 3.5 inch pipe, had 3in originally. It has better response; if yr going to make one, i reckon just go with 3.5in first up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hardsteppa said:

i now run a 3.5 inch pipe, had 3in originally. It has better response; if yr going to make one, i reckon just go with 3.5in first up. 

Is 3.5” not overkill on a stock rb20 motor but high flowed rb25 turbo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, the more free flowing you can make intake air, and the more available "on tap" the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hardsteppa said:

No, the more free flowing you can make intake air, and the more available "on tap" the better.

You wouldn’t be suggesting putting a tap in the inlet system? That is preposterous good sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now