SAU Community

GTX3076R GEN II VS GTX3576R GEN II on RB26

joe89

On 10/1/2020 at 11:02 PM, Unzipped Composites said:

I'm sort of committed to single scroll now. I thought long and hard about twin scroll, but decided against it in the end when I bought the manifold. If I was going to do twin scroll, I wanted twin gates rather than the divided plumbing from the manifold, but decided the extra heat, packaging and point of failure were issues for me.

You make a good point with the diff ratio though. At the moment the diff is stock, and I know it's going to be wayyy too short for the power I'm aiming for around Barbagallo, I'll be on limiter in 4th or having to go to 5th for half of the straights, which is where you lose seconds. So I know I need to go taller, and hadnt really thought about that with picking a turbo.

I rejected split pulse/twin gate for generally similar reasons.  Mainly because everything gets so busy and so hot. A properly thought out and executed divided pipe to a 60mm gate is what I'd consider if split pulse was chosen as "the next step".  Truth (for me) is that there's too many other areas requiring priority consideration if you want to make the combination faster.  The next step (for me) is to make the driver faster... :)

Generally, the GTX3576 makes a lot of sense for tractability and a wide useable torque range regardless of whether single or split

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Okay thread necro!

Back it again with the GTX3576R Gen 2. New motor, with same-ish parts bar the Kelford 264/272, ATi Balancer, Nitto Oil Pump, Plazmaman Intake and Plazmaman Cooler.

IATs are nice and low now and very consistent run after run. The previous HDi core would heatsoak quite fast where as the Plazmaman core didn't. Post run it recorded a max of 29 degrees C, where as the old HDi core would shoot up to 40.

Pretty good having Alex build the motor, giving me warranty on it although I'm tuning it. He did ask for a few additional trims to be added and for timing to be taken out in the midrange however he knows I will track this car and the motor is running H beams not I Beams. 

Managed 437.9kW at 1.7bar dropping down to 1.5bar. I suspect with the gate vented to atmosphere and no cat the motor should naturally make a but more power. It's a bit shy of my unrealistic goal of high 400s but let's me honest that was a number I threw in the air a few years back.

image.thumb.png.49f915564e4439e65755dfd48cdc85c5.png

image.thumb.png.fb97ebcfe2a408f22d7217f13895ca88.png

• Like 4