SAU Community

Members Rides

Wow looks so tidy! Joining the 4door club haha. This one a manual sin? Going to modify it?

Its an Auto i believe. I think his plans are to keep it stock!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys and girls!

Thought i'd chime in and say hi. My names Drew. used to be on here under another user name but had problems with it so decided to make a new one seeing as I've found my way back into a skyline after a couple of years toying around in a little MR2.

Here is my new 32 Gtst. Its very basic. Coilovers, kinugawa turbo, full exhaust and lots of little things taken care of. Have only had it almost 3 months now but about 2 weeks after getting my hands on it a few friends managed to convince me to enter NSW Time Attack at Wakefield. So a quick chat with my dad (read: Crew Chief) and it was all systems go! Installed an oil cooler for good measure. Grabbed some new rims, CST Hyper Zero's in 18x9.5 +15 all round and chucked some 255/35 RSR's on. Then off we headed for 2 days of track time. We decided that instead of going out with the mindset of 'I need to win' I should think about nothing more than getting on track in the new car and having as much fun as possible while doing it. In my little N/A MR2 my best time round Wakefield was a 1:14.5. By the end of day 2 at time attack i'd managed a 1:11.1 so came away extremely happy with my new PB.

Anyway, enough of me rambling. here's some picks of my new toy and also one of mine and dads cars together. He's got a 32 Gts that I gave him a couple of years back. 220,000km on the clock and it just soaks up the track days with no issues at all.

Thanks for reading. Hope to catch up soon.

Drew

image_zps0518f7cd.jpg

image_zpsdbac9188.jpg

image_zps837fd2e6.jpg

image_zpsea2899e4.jpg

image_zpsb61e12a0.jpg

Thanks guys :)

Looks impressive man. Wish my dad had the same passion for cars :(

What wing is that?

Wing is a genuine C-West adjustable twin blade. Managed to pick it up for $50 lol. Dad had a spare bootlid with the holes welded up so we mounted the wing to that and i just swap bootlids when i head to the track.

1:11s in damn impressive on rsr's.

quite a tidy car

Thanks :) I'm a big fan of the rsr's. I'm confident i can dip into the 1:10's in the next track day or 2. Was so close at time attack. Forgot to mention the car only has about 195rwkw :D

• Like 1

Nice, Ive got some RSR's to go on my boat

But less tyre and more weight mean 1:14s are my target

I saw that you're thinking about front splitter/undertray options, any luck with that? Me and dad are also starting to design something for the front end of my car to try and bring the times down a little more. Basically trying to keep my car in line with clubsprint time attack rules because i'll be back at NSW Time Attack next year and will also be looking to enter WTAC next year