SAU Community

Another new member from Tennessee checking in.

Silverhks

Hello all,

I have been lurking here for about a year. I acquired my 1990 KH2 GTR in spring of 2017. I changed the projectors for some Morimoto HIDs for better light and so that I wouldn't be blinding oncoming traffic. I drove it several times and was sorting out the high beam situation when it sprang a coolant leak under the intake. I assumed it was one of the many hoses only to find out it was the fitting near cylinder 6. I have been SLOWLY repairing and doing some upgrades.

Anyway, I have no pictures on this computer. I will get some uploaded shortly.

• Like 1

Yes I am running relays for the HIDs. The problem I was trying to deal with was getting the Bi-Xenon high beams to stay on. Based on info I gleaned from here and the UK site, it had to do with the odd way Nissan wired them. You need to modify the switch at the cluster or run a wire with a resistor from the high signal. Now I personally am not good with electrics so I was calling on reinforcements when everything went downhill. That part of the project got put on the back burner.

17 hours ago, dirty_dyer said:

Nice to meet you silverhks. Hopefully it will be running again soon. Good luck!

17 hours ago, PranK said:

I'm looking forward to pics! Especially of the Morimotos.

:welcome:

We need more peeps to ignite the North America section! 

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm hoping to some basic pics uploaded after I get off work in the morning, my local not yours ;)

Oh, and I have noticed the American section is a little slow...