SAU Community

lost water drain plug- please help

after a long day of putting the car together, i drained the rad but on second drain did under estimate how hot it is so when opened the engine block one, it was boiling hot and i removed my hand immidiatly 

now bolt is gone.

i opened a new thread as need to sort this urgently so hope someone can help please :)

i suppose it is m10 as spanner size was 14mm but have no clue as to what i should do now.

can't find one on ebay so would the oil drain plug work with it ?

Had a spare bonjo bolt for water line and it fits

it is 1.5 m10 with 14mm head size

the one on the block was around 10-15mm long so i have just ordered one of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apico-Green-Magnetic-Sump-Drain-Bolt-M10x15mmx1-5-For-Kawasaki-KX-65-250-KXF/163275917676?hash=item260400c96c:g:yxsAAOSwl95bw5UZ

what happens if it is slighty longer? Does anyone know if this will block anything?

i need this sorted urgently really

on original one there was no washer or nothing and all plain so only a bolt so i suppose any bolt that is anti corrosion does the job?

If anyone is looking for this coolant drain bolt/plug, the nissan part number is: 08931-3041A

372903473_rb25drainbolt.thumb.jpg.e0be941af2d37c48bfc08052e6b00bd1.jpg

Costs like $5 brand new at a Nissan dealership. I'm pretty sure it fits all RBs (correct me if I'm wrong) and some nissan engines.

Yes ordered one from nissan but two weeks lead time 

for other people here to ensure they won’t go through my shit

when you undo the bolt it is very tight and needs around 150nm to undo!!!

me not having torque figure tried to tighten it to a reasoble torque and it started to spin which gave me a heart attack as thread was stripped

so got loctile thread repair and put it in, touch wood it is not leaking yet

for those doing it, don’t put too much torque on it probably 30-40nm despite the massive m12 size

i was also told by mechanic that because i had used normal bolt that is likely why it was spinning as original bolt is tapred and tightens as it screws in